Welcome To aBlackWeb

Homeownership/First Time Home Buyers Thread.

This shit kinda scary..

quick question for those of yall that copped homes before did yall pay the extra beforehand to get someone to look at the plumbing and electrical shit along with the roof? If yall got somebody to look at it before you closed did that have any bearing on your offer amount? Did you adjust after folks took a further look into the state of the house?

I thought all houses had to have an inspection? Mine was inspected and it came back with some things wrong. I told the sellers and they were willing to fix it before I moved in. Funny shit is, they had a brand new washer and dryer they were gonna leave me but because they had to fix the stuff that was wrong, they took them mfs. I didn’t care though.

I thought all houses had to have an inspection? Mine was inspected and it came back with some things wrong. I told the sellers and they were willing to fix it before I moved in. Funny shit is, they had a brand new washer and dryer they were gonna leave me but because they had to fix the stuff that was wrong, they took them mfs. I didn’t care though.

might be different here. They gotta do an appraisal of the property but not necessarily an inspection from my understanding. since they selling it AS IS I think I might have to pay for someone to REALLY look at the joint outa pocket

An inspection should be done regardless if the housing is selling as is. If you use financing, most if not all lenders require an inspection to be done anyway. If you're an investor and paying cash, then you might forgo one.

An inspection should be done regardless if the housing is selling as is. If you use financing, most if not all lenders require an inspection to be done anyway. If you're an investor and paying cash, then you might forgo one.

how much them joints typically go for? You feel like its worth it to get someone to do a thorough look over even if its not required?

But to answer your question @Inori, yes you can ask for an adjustment. The best time to do that is make an offer with an inspection contingency, get the inspection done, then if something comes up, either the seller fixes it, makes and adjustment so that you are able to fix it, you proceed forward depending on what it is, or you can use that to get out of the contract offer.

how much them joints typically go for? You feel like its worth it to get someone to do a thorough look over even if its not required?
They usually go for about 200 in my area and they are worth EVERY penny, if they're good. I rather pay that than pay for something later down the line, such as HVAC, electrical, roof, etc. Fixing those things are way more expensive than a good inspection upfront. You're basically paying for no surprises before you're already locked in a mortgage.

might be different here. They gotta do an appraisal of the property but not necessarily an inspection from my understanding. since they selling it AS IS I think I might have to pay for someone to REALLY look at the joint outa pocket
Yea if it’s as is, I believe you are accepting everything right and wrong with it. I would pay an inspector to look at it though so you can know what you’re in for.

Great answers everyone

They usually go for about 200 in my area and they are worth EVERY penny, if they're good. I rather pay that than pay for something later down the line, such as HVAC, electrical, roof, etc. Fixing those things are way more expensive than a good inspection upfront. You're basically paying for no surprises before you're already locked in a mortgage.

much more expensive out here but everyone Ive spoken with for advice is saying its worth it. Ima go for it and see what they come back with

Lawyer fees for what?

I guess it would come under closing costs..

I gave a number.. the seller gave a number.. we met somewhere in between and then they said they gotta send a Sales & Purchase Agreement to my lawyer..

well I dont have a lawyer so I went to look for one and the costs they talking about are fuckin NUTS. I though the lawyer/closing fees was gonna be one thing but this one quote ended up being like 3 times what I thought it would be 😭

Ima shop around and see if this is standard practice or if they just tryna pull some fuckery or not

Back