Home School vs Public School vs Private School

I work in an all black school and the curriculum just doesn’t fit these kids. It’s low income too. It’s very hard.

Reactions: AP2.5
I used to go to a school like that for a time when I was younger... All black students and teachers.. taught us black history.. they even had classes teaching us swahili at the time.

Eventually it had to shut down tho due to lack of funding and muhfuckas was breaking in stealing shit outa there smh
Yeah that's what I keep running across. The idea is there but the structure, financial resources and general support in a widespread way is yet to be cultivated. Dr. Umar( radical brother on some issues) made good points about his struggle with building a school. He mentioned how every other culture ( Asian, Italian etc..) were able to come together and fund their own schools. Last time black americans were moving towards this I think was the Black Panther schools founded by Erika Huggins.

Yeah that's what I keep running across. The idea is there but the structure, financial resources and general support in a widespread way is yet to be cultivated. Dr. Umar( radical brother on some issues) made good points about his struggle with building a school. He mentioned how every other culture ( Asian, Italian etc..) were able to come together and fund their own schools. Last time black americans were moving towards this I think was the Black Panther schools founded by Erika Huggins.

His situation is a bit more complex but I understand your overall sentiment

I think social education is extremely important so I wouldn't home school my kid.

Private if I can afford it.

Public school ftw mofo!!

In regards to diversity...most public schools is the closest thing to learning about the real world imo.

However you choose to educate yall chirren....just keep in mind that school is there to provide a foundation for a lifetime of learning. It's not to teach everything one needs to know about life.