Welcome To aBlackWeb

Home School vs Public School vs Private School

Which ever your funds can provide. And what you feel is the best experience for your child.

If I had the funds, I'd go with private or home school. Because apparently my child needs more attention than public can provide.

I’m all for private school. I’ll explain more in the morning. My son went since he was 1-5 and man that shit was worth it. It costs toooo much though.

I’m not for homeschool. I get why people do it but everybody I personally know who was homeschooled absolutely hated it because they are socially awkward and wished they were around other kids.

There are pros and cons for each. I would want a mixture of all three.

home school for elementary
private school for Jr. High
public for high School in a good school district.

There are pros and cons for each. I would want a mixture of all three.

home school for elementary
private school for Jr. High
public for high School in a good school district.
I wanted private for elementary and a good public school for middle and high.

I wanted private for elementary and a good public school for middle and high.
The main reason why I would want home school for elementary is because I will be the teacher and I want to be able to help shape their learning structure. I would focus on the importance of learning his/her learning style to get the educational criteria to stick.

Since you are in the public school system what is the reason for choosing private over public for elementary?

Last edited:
Most of the home school teachers are idiots and should not be teaching kids.

My son went to private school when he was younger. I admit he learned a lot and was reading on 3rd grade level when he was in 1st grade BUT those schools are expensive.

Public school is what you make it. If you go in there half ass you'll get half ass results. My son is currently in public school and is doing great but I stay on his ass about grades and homework every day.

Private school has this pristine reputation ...Yet man people heading up these places are ill equipped.. also there is alot of public school services being provided to private schools..paying 20k for tuition aint gonna make your kid smarter/safer/ or well rounded simply for attending Nor are the teachers more qualified or take greater interest in your child you can get those things from a public setting...

it has pro's but they are vastly overrated in comparison

Nor are the teachers more qualified or take greater interest in your child you can get those things from a public setting...

The bold is true
Teachers don't necessarily have to be certified for private school
Teachers must be state certified or working toward it for public school

The main reason why I would want home school for elementary is because I will be the teacher and I want to be able to help shape their learning structure. I would focus on the importance of learning his/her learning style to get the educational criteria to stick.

Since you are in the public school system what is the reason for choosing private over public for elementary?
The classes are smaller. The teaching isn’t based off state tests. I HATE state tests.

I think a parent should make sure if they home school their child that the curriculum they used won’t hurt the child if they go to a regular school. But with the other two you STILL have to home school your child. Learning and development should not be left to just the teachers in the school regardless of public/private. I think too many parents depend on schools to teach their kids. Also please balance out common sense with book sense. Anyone can be taught to read/write but to think is a whole different thing. Also, when it comes to private the ratio of kids that look like my child seems to be small. That may not matter to some but that bothers me. In our search for better education and moving to the right district and paying sometimes we forget the other affects of being the only or one of three black children in the class.

I’m all for private school. I’ll explain more in the morning. My son went since he was 1-5 and man that shit was worth it. It costs toooo much though.

I’m not for homeschool. I get why people do it but everybody I personally know who was homeschooled absolutely hated it because they are socially awkward and wished they were around other kids.
1-5 years old? Or grade 1-5?

I sent to private school for the majority of my life. Learned a bunch and was ahead of my peers in public school. When I moved back to Houston in the 10th grade, I went to one of the worst public schools in the city. I took what I learned in the 8th and 9th grade and applied it to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade and pretty much got all A's. I learned nothing there.
That being said, If I got the funds it's public school all the way. I dont see the point in pulling them out for the last 4 years of educations.
If funds are limited, then at least let them go for elementary to build the foundation strong.

How do you feel about the American education system. Do you feel you have options and resources to educate your child or the children in your life. I often struggle with the desire to school my child on my own and the actual resources to do so. While I think public education has some benefits. I whole heartedly believe a different way of educating my black child is needed.

How do you feel about the American education system. Do you feel you have options and resources to educate your child or the children in your life. I often struggle with the desire to school my child on my own and the actual resources to do so. While I think public education has some benefits. I whole heartedly believe a different way of educating my black child is needed.

I go back and forth about my feelings for killer Mike but he gave a great interview on the breakfast club a few years ago where he talked about buying parts of his neighborhood that would essentially be a black block. One of the things he talked about was the need for a black owned school that taught kids trades as well as the routine math and sciences subjects as well as teaching them about other black people in our heritage.

I love that idea but have no idea if it will ever be a thing other than an idea

I go back and forth about my feelings for killer Mike but he gave a great interview on the breakfast club a few years ago where he talked about buying parts of his neighborhood that would essentially be a black block. One of the things he talked about was the need for a black owned school that taught kids trades as well as the routine math and sciences subjects as well as teaching them about other black people in our heritage.

I love that idea but have no idea if it will ever be a thing other than an idea

I used to go to a school like that for a time when I was younger... All black students and teachers.. taught us black history.. they even had classes teaching us swahili at the time.

Eventually it had to shut down tho due to lack of funding and muhfuckas was breaking in stealing shit outa there smh

Back