Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Richard Sherman

• Total voters
Name some other iconic moments from corners…that’s typically what they look like. Deion is the only Deion.
Revis on da island against the best WR, Peanut Tillman punchin the ball out in game changing moments, Brian Dawkins game saving moments, like I said..Ed reed, josh normans breakout season with the panthers ..there’s plenty to name..Talib wit Denver snatching homies chain..that tops Sherman right there

Revis on da island against the best WR, Peanut Tillman punchin the ball out in game changing moments, Brian Dawkins game saving moments, like I said..Ed reed, josh normans breakout season with the panthers ..there’s plenty to name..Talib wit Denver snatching homies chain..that tops Sherman right there

I said corners not safeties lol….lockdown corners are mostly judged on how much they get avoided

I said corners not safeties lol….lockdown corners are mostly judged on how much they get avoided
Wouldn’t call him a lockdown corner but he did get avoided so I will give him that. In the scheme that the Seahawks played he did do a great job locking down his responsibilities. They avoided his side of the field. I wouldn’t put him with the Charles Woodsons, Revis’s, Deion’s, as a corner I’d even put Vontae Davis over Sherman in terms of lock down corner

Wouldn’t call him a lockdown corner but he did get avoided so I will give him that. In the scheme that the Seahawks played he did do a great job locking down his responsibilities. They avoided his side of the field. I wouldn’t put him with the Charles Woodsons, Revis’s, Deion’s, as a corner I’d even put Vontae Davis over Sherman in terms of lock down corner

I was with you up until Vontae lol

Does Sherman have a better HOF resume than Pat Peterson?

I was with you up until Vontae lol

Does Sherman have a better HOF resume than Pat Peterson?
Nah, Peterson has better ballhawk skills, faster, more responsibilities on D, and made more meaningful plays towards wins than Sherman. As a overall corner I’d put Sherman in the same class Chris Gamble from the Panthers…really really good, but not a great , think Peterson gets in before Sherman would

Wrong.

Sherman made a clutch defensive play in the nfc championship game. The stakes were higher for Sherm than all those other players you listed

Pat Peterson athleticism was largely squandered. He could've been deion 2.0, he just was rarely put in the same...situations as deion

I guess cause of what I witnessed before hand, my idea of iconic moment aint the same as y’all’s..

Like..Steve Smith getting hit by half the defense and breaking loose and getting the touchdown

Steve Smith against Talib..

Deion against Irvin, Deion against Rice

Barry Sanders runs, Devin Hester returns, Sean Taylor hits, Ed Reed big plays

Richard Sherman against Micheal Crabtree ain’t really my idea of an iconic moment. That was a thing because of trash talk, not because Crabtree was that good, he shut down a guy that he was actually a better player than. That’s what he was supposed to do
Yeah the play that helped him get to the superbowl isn't iconic....yeah ok lol

There's only one iconic play that involved a corner and the Seahawks.

And that play wasn't made by a Seahawks corner. Let alone Richard Sherman.

He’s gonna get in off name recognition but I’ve always thought he was slightly overrated. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was first ballot tho.

How I feel with the bold.

I know corners can only play in the scheme of the defense that they're in but if a corner doesn't play in a scheme where they play a lot of man to man. IMO I just can't rate them that highly.

If a corner damn near always has help either over the top or underneath I feel like I can't tell how good you really are.

I don't really remember the Seahawks defensive scheme but that just goes for all corners to me.

Back