Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Devin Hester

HOF or FOH: Devin Hester

• Total voters
I'm still torn on it. I still want to lean yes, since he's the most accomplished return man the NFL has seen.

But I still don't think very highly of the position...same way people aren't really high on other ST positions.

I hear that, and I'm not saying every good ST player should be in there, but if you have one guy that is generally considered to be the GOAT at a position, he should be in. Him being in the HoF doesn't mean that he's as important as everyone else there. It just means that his accomplishments were were acknowledging in this way.

He was a bit delusional to believe that's he'd be first ballot though.

I hear that, and I'm not saying every good ST player should be in there, but if you have one guy that is generally considered to be the GOAT at a position, he should be in. Him being in the HoF doesn't mean that he's as important as everyone else there. It just means that his accomplishments were were acknowledging in this way.

He was a bit delusional to believe that's he'd be first ballot though.

I agree with you. That's why I want to lean yes... he did the best at his position. My hesitancy is just at the position. I still think it's a position of mostly runner-up talent, that's not very impactful.

Truth be told, if you could pick 1 punt returner, who would you pick?

You already turned troll in here...

Now that I think about it, if We're picking 53 players + 53 players to play against each other, I might pick Hester around 5-10.

If he can get a return for a touchdown a few times in a season it's worth it.

Even if it's just one game, I can't think of anybody else I'd rather return the kick.

Back