Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Happy Black History Month ABW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1612820131822.png

James Baldwin. If you haven't read about him, you should. If you have then it couldn't hurt to skim over what you read, see if your perspective has changed.

Few quotes:

"To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time"

"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually"

"The paradox of education is precisely this - that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he is being educated"

This week Lonnie Johnson.

He is an Aerospace Engineer, Entrepreneur, and Inventor.

What did he invent?........part of my childhood.

mag-04WMT-t_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

View attachment 460800

James Baldwin. If you haven't read about him, you should. If you have then it couldn't hurt to skim over what you read, see if your perspective has changed.

Few quotes:

"To be a Negro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time"

"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually"

"The paradox of education is precisely this - that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he is being educated"
After Malcolm X, James Baldwin is my man!!!

I've been posting his quotes since I've been on here.

*Peep the sig*

iu

I was such a brat when I was younger.

I didn't understand what the h3ll my moms was making me and my siblings watch, but now I get it. I copped this years ago thinking about the black history I didn't pay attention to when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back