Welcome To aBlackWeb

Guys ?

If you receive a beard treatment, could I shape/trim your beard too?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to buy your product

• I want a beard treatment

• Total voters
my sister got her license a couple years ago and went from an apprenticeship to having her own place in that time

i say do it on the strength of there needs to be more women in barbering

edit: i'll add she diversifies tf out of her business...she offers packages that include beard care

learning another skill is never a bad thing

The license is obtainable, I would have to rearrange a few things to make the classes. I’m going to ask if maybe they could let me pay and take just the beard courses

The license is obtainable, I would have to rearrange a few things to make the classes. I’m going to ask if maybe they could let me pay and take just the beard courses
That's not how it works from my understanding

At least here in my state.

Put it like this, my sister went to beauty school to be a barber but had to learn how to do roller sets, perms, etc... She doesn't do any of that stuff on her clients but she has to know how to do it just in case. I'll ask her but I don't think they have beard specific classes but again I'm not sure how other states operate. I'm assuming they are all essentially the same but I could be wrong.

I think learning how to do that stuff will only benefit you in the long run so you don't pigeonhole yourself into just beard care

That's not how it works from my understanding

At least here in my state.

Put it like this, my sister went to beauty school to be a barber but had to learn how to do roller sets, perms, etc... She doesn't do any of that stuff on her clients but she has to know how to do it just in case
To do women's hair or men's hair or both?

In Philly you can separate the two or have them together.

Shit in my high school they taught trades and cosmetology was one of them. Chicks was making bank in the 11th grade.

To do women's hair or men's hair or both?

In Philly you can separate the two or have them together.

Shit in my high school they taught trades and cosmetology was one of them. Chicks was making bank in the 11th grade.
Ok cool

See, it must vary from state to state

They teach them so they can do both

I have a male cousin that's nice with the clippers but he also does women's hair. They're money is green just like men. Don't box yourself in if you can is my main point

Ok cool

I have a male cousin that's nice with the clippers but he also does women's hair. They're money is green just like men. Don't box yourself in if you can is my main point
Big facts

and getting your licence may lead to you expanding and having your own shop and people work for you

Ok cool

Agreed.

black hair is very big business.

So would you prefer me to be licensed?
Me nah cause I shave my own head. But I'd have to watch you cut a couple heads before id bring my son though. One thing I hate to do is once the barber get done is look in the mirror and be like hea hea and hea. Need that cut down or even out the beard all over.

Back