Welcome To aBlackWeb

Griselda Ducking TDE Smoke?

Shit pissed me off because it's was the most Mainstream Kendrick Lamar went and that's the one people crown him for. Shit was basic compared to his other shit.
I wanna be offensive and say niggas who think that's his best shit or hype that shit up is high-key basic AF and jaded, and not mind unravelers. Dude clearly went to grab Mike will made it, Rihanna, and others to combat all the whining from folks who were pissed off of how TPAB sounded. On the highest of keys, to TDE standards, Kendrick sold out with DAMN. He should have got a Pultzer for TPAB, but it was too pro black for them white folks to crown it.

Section 80 spoke about where society was going and it's vices. Good Kidd spoked about inner city issues and lust towards being pressured to conditioned structure norms. TPAB speaks about deep black vices. DAMN was the most commerical simplistic " let me put the medicine in the candy and spell it out to you basic fucks" album Kendrick Lamar ever did and it LEGIT pisses me off that folks crown that shit when it's his most pressured Anti- Kendrick like project thus far.

I wanna be offensive and say niggas who think that's his best shit or hype that shit up is high-key basic AF and jaded, and not mind unravelers. Dude clearly went to grab Mike will made it, Rihanna, and others to combat all the whining from folks who were pissed off of how TPAB sounded. On the highest of keys, to TDE standards, Kendrick sold out with DAMN. He should have got a Pultzer for TPAB, but it was too pro black for them white folks to crown it.

Section 80 spoke about where society was going and it's vices. Good Kidd spoked about inner city issues and lust towards being pressured to conditioned structure norms. TPAB speaks about deep black vices. DAMN was the most commerical simplistic " let me put the medicine in the candy and spell it out to you basic fucks" album Kendrick Lamar ever did and it LEGIT pisses me off that folks crown that shit when it's his most pressured Anti- Kendrick like project thus far.

This ain't the thread but the problem with TPAB was it was pretending to be the things you thought it was. But that's a whole other thread. I agree with what you said about DAMN tho.

Just listened to the Rap Radar interview.

IMO it wasn't shit for them niggas to clean up or clarify with what he said about not being recognized like Dreamville and TDE.

Shit was quite clear what he was getting at and it wasn't not 1 shot fired in those folks direction.

^^ This. Unless something else came out that I'm unaware of, I'm not sure what the issue is. They said what they said and it wasn't a shot at Dream or TDE.

My exact thoughts

DAMN >>> TPAB

Y'all niggas tripping.
My guy make a legitimate case why that's the case. Be real bruh, you only saying this because TPAB was not rap and had too much funk, RnB, and other sounds that you were not into or wasn't expecting after GKMC.

Fuck it, explain why DAMN better than Section 80?

Sad to see DAMN get shitted on like this
Is not getting shitted on fam, it was a fun album, but the hype it got is NOT worth the praise compared to the rest of super quality projects Kendrick Lamar made. DAMN is like the one album folks who were late to the Kendrick Lamar train or who didn't fuck with his weird alien sounds and indie hip hop vibed too because it felt "safe" and compatible with the usual norms. The only songs on DAMN that felt like a TDE song was FEAR, YAH, and maybe DNA.

Imagine Kendrick Lamar making GOD and putting that shit on section 80 or GKMC. It would be the weakest song on any other project. That's just facts fam.

I figured this thread was ignorant. But I couldn't figure out why.

I legit never heard the name Griselda and thought it was a rnb chick or something...

Had no idea that was a collection of rappers .

And I'm just catching on to these dudes too, I like them... They definitely nice....

But TDE is far more established, and niggaz lying saying it's close

Also, I am willing to concede on the Griselda niggaz having a better 2019 due to multiple projects....

But nuffin they got had a beat that knock like numb numb juice....

When that shit came on while I was playing GTA....I marked the fuck out

DAMN is like the one album folks who were late to the Kendrick Lamar train or who didn't fuck with his weird alien sounds and indie hip hop vibed too because it felt "safe" and compatible with the usual norms.
Not liking 'weird alien sounds' and 'indie hip hop' vibe are valid reasons to not really care for an album. Also I don't think anyone ever put on a rap album n said "u know what, this sounds culturally safe. I rock with this joint." Lol.

Imagine Kendrick Lamar making GOD and putting that shit on section 80 or GKMC. It would be the weakest song on any other project. That's just facts fam.
Of course, bc GOD wouldn't fit the natural flow/feeling of the album if it was thrown anywhere else and we know when Kendrick makes an album it's a whole concept, not a bunch of shit thrown together.

On the flip I can probably try to make your argument for certain tracks on TPAB as well.

Damn is obviously more commercially appealing while TPAB felt more poetry/jazz influenced. One of my fav tpab tracks are How Much a Dollar Cost n sometimes it's too boring for me to finish.

When u can mix the message and production to where u please the casuals, cult fans n everyone in between you're ALWAYS gonna get more praise bc u attracted fans across the board.

Tho I get what ur saying @silverfoxx and you're backing your shit up but this almost sounds like the argument Scorcese made about Marvel not being real cinema or the posters who say something to the effect of "if u don't like Lupe you're not a real rap fan"

It's not that black and white

Tho I get what ur saying @silverfoxx and you're backing your shit up but this almost sounds like the argument Scorcese made about Marvel not being real cinema or the posters who say something to the effect of "if u don't like Lupe you're not a real rap fan"

It's not that black and white
I respect that. I just want to know why folks praised DAMN so much. One of the best podcasts out right now Dissect couldn't even save this album and that nigga Cole does a amazing job breaking down albums.

TPAB is not getting shitted on fam, it was a cool album for what it was, but the hype it got is NOT worth the praise compared to the rest of super quality projects Kendrick Lamar made. TPAB is for wannabe Hotep niggas who were late to the Kendrick Lamar train or those who like his weird alien sounding flow and its unpolished jazzy hip hop vibes because it felt "woke" and Kendrick was sticking it to the "white man" unlike the usual norms. A vast contrast compared to Kendricks early work or DAMN. The only songs on TPAB that felt like Kendrick being Kendrick was Momma, Alright, and Complexion.

Imagine Kendrick Lamar making "u" and putting that shit on section 80 or DAMN. It would be the weakest song on any other project. That's just facts fam.

Talk to em, JT.

Shit pissed me off because it's was the most Mainstream Kendrick Lamar went and that's the one people crown him for. Shit was basic compared to his other shit.

Was a great album but I haven't heard it since around the time of release something about it didn't stick I'ma revisit it soon

YAH is dope but if we real most of DAMN is super basic. DNA was a cool single but I wasn't expectin' a whole album of that.

Same with Schoolboy.

Griselda just trying to tell niggas that they're here too as they should, but niggas aint better than TDE. There's a reason why they were being apologetic to emphasis there's no beef and they ain't tryna start shit with TDE.

In this day and age you have to because rap fans are the worst and social media will create its own narrative just to see niggas fight. It's ironic, if niggas dont reply they call em pussy, if niggas die behind some rap shit fans mourn and then move on to the next rapper and do the same thing SMMFH.

:uhhuh6:
Who was the last rapper that died from beefing with another rapper?

Back