Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gran Turismo (2023)

This was pretty fun to watch. I expected some quality racing action and this film didn't disappoint. It's wild that it is based on true events because the story is almost unbelievable. Though we have heard that the military and Call of Duty makers have worked together to create a simulation of fire fights, it was cool to see it done with driving. Even though it was two hours long, the story never felt dull and paced itself well. If you enjoyed Ford vs Ferari, you will probably enjoy this as well.

It was pretty good. Him killing somebody with the car was unexpected, but it was good that they left that in. Added a point of conflict for the character that drew from what happened in real life (RIP to whoever it was).

It was definitely too long though. Could have left all of the girlfriend scenes out, they contributed nothing.

Lol Word?
The Creator felt lifeless to me which hurts since I really wanted to enjoy that movie

I actually felt David harbour’s mentorship in this movie

I felt for Djimon Hounsou’s character when his son got in a crash and when he was proud of him and they were both crying

I hated the asshole driver character

I actually felt something when he finished the race at the end. I was happy for Jann

In the creator the script felt off at times and idk if it wanted to be a serious movie at times because of certain quirky lil humor in it, the military types were cliche, the characters were half baked, JDW while doing good had some questionable shit going on lol

The fact that i even questioned if Gran Turismo is as good as the creator is wild lol and speaks to how much the creator missed the mark

The Creator felt lifeless to me which hurts since I really wanted to enjoy that movie

I actually felt David harbour’s mentorship in this movie

I felt for Djimon Hounsou’s character when his son got in a crash and when he was proud of him and they were both crying

I hated the asshole driver character

I actually felt something when he finished the race at the end. I was happy for Jann

In the creator the script felt off at times and idk if it wanted to be a serious movie at times because of certain quirky lil humor in it, the military types were cliche, the characters were half baked, JDW while doing good had some questionable shit going on lol

The fact that i even questioned if Gran Turismo is as good as the creator is wild lol and speaks to how much the creator missed the mark
Fair points

I wasn't emotionally invested but it was an aite movie
I mean I largely wasn’t and an hour in I was like omg there’s an hour left but it kept my attention enough to realize it’s not a steaming pile of shit but just an alright movie. The movie atleast has a soul

Finally saw this. It was ok. Never heard of him and his story probably because I don't play the game. Never was really into racing games

Back