Welcome To aBlackWeb

@Goldie you might have your wish...Verzuz: Teddy Riley vs Babyface

Who wins the battle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Bobby playing Whitney's tracks against Mariah that ain't a female battle anymore...

A proper female producer battle (since Tim is involved) would be IMO

Missy Elliot vs Erykah Badu ...

Broke out about the same year (97) with their debuts

I know it's jokes but I think pleasure P was actually writing for a few people so he would probably play those as his songs

Yeah the hype for it is pretty much gone now. I'll check it if it happens but I was really looking forward it yesterday.
I wonder if Badu's recent concert played a part in this with the money aspect of it.

idk if yall watch(ed) rhythm roulette but the same type of thing happened. rhythm roulette was done by the entertainment group “mass appeal”.
its a youtube show where top prodcuers have to choose 3 albums at random while blindfolded then create an original beat/sound from their selected picks

well what made the show so raw was the fact you got to see producers ranging from large professor to no-id, in their element. studios ranging from your run of the mill microphone hooked up to a boombox lol to these big ass elaborate soundboards equipped with a piano, drum sets, etc.

you get to see how your favorite producers create magic. each one wildly different than the next

long story short, sprite wanted to sponsor it and it went from producers getting down in their home studios to now performing in front of a live studio audience in some decked out showroom in time square with sprite plastered all over the walls.

it was fucking cheesy. not to mention the audience, which was predominately white, looked bored asf. like niggggggaaaa that Just Blaze playing in front for you!!!!!! :niggaa:

anywho they ended up losing their core audience.
needless to say that shit aint last long and the format was changed back almost immediately

lesson is to just leave shit the way it is. if it aint broke? dont fix it

someone else explains it perfectly here

idk if yall watch(ed) rhythm roulette but the same type of thing happened. rhythm roulette was done by the entertainment group “mass appeal”.
its a youtube show where top prodcuers have to choose 3 albums at random while blindfolded then create an original beat/sound from their selected picks

well what made the show so raw was the fact you got to see producers ranging from large professor to no-id, in their element. studios ranging from your run of the mill microphone hooked up to a boombox lol to these big ass elaborate soundboards equipped with a piano, drum sets, etc.

you get to see how your favorite producers create magic. each one wildly different than the next

long story short, sprite wanted to sponsor it and it went from producers getting down in their home studios to now performing in front of a live studio audience in some decked out showroom in time square with sprite plastered all over the walls.

it was fucking cheesy. not to mention the audience, which was predominately white, looked bored asf. like niggggggaaaa that Just Blaze playing in front for you!!!!!! :niggaa:

anywho they ended up losing their core audience.
needless to say that shit aint last long and the format was changed back almost immediately

lesson is to just leave shit the way it is. if it aint broke? dont fix it

someone else explains it perfectly here

View attachment 260260
Whats funny is Sprite could of sponsored it and they could of literally just added a promo in the beginning, a sprite logo in the side and maybe had them hang a sprite banner or wear a sprite hat while they made their beat in their home studio. But they went overkill and ruined it.

Also you tweet got removed, what did it say?

Back