Welcome To aBlackWeb

Godzilla Greatness

PRAISE: Director and writer Takashi Yamazaki grounds his story and take on the legendary monster with a human story that is filled with regret,love, and trauma.
Great raw emotion and acting from Ryunosuke Kamiki and Minami Hamabe. Their bond is as believable as is Kamikis display of guilt as Koichi after turning his back at a critical moment in the closing days of World War II . Showing the effects of war visually and the trauma that sets in after it was very effective in the movie. The SFX and action sequences are on point as certain sequences have a dizzying effect and are so involving I found myself trying to wave characters away from danger. Seeing Godzilla massively take down anything in his path was thrilling to watch and particularly effective when there are close ups of the destruction he is causing. I actually felt something for the characters instead of just chalking them up as fodder for Godzilla.

PROBLEMS: A couple of moments are predictable and I couldn't get on board with how a couple of situations played out.

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8½

Easily one of the best films of 2023 and that Toho massively undersold on this movie.

I was irritated with the kid passing notes around throughout the movie

pass her dad a note and a drawing of the whole family with the 😐 face
pass the neighbor the note the dad left with the 😐 face
be reunited with your mom after lord knows how long while dude trying his hardest to force a tear out his eye 😐
Yeen shit lol

When is this coming to a steaming service??

I love Godzilla but I haven't watched one in the theater since Lizzy bunny hopped the Brooklyn bridge

Back