• Babe Ruth

• Usain Bolt

• Tiger Woods

• Wayne Gretzky

• Michael Jordan

• Lionel Messi

• Tom Brady

Results are only viewable after voting.
i’m not downplaying michael phelps, but swimming is largely a sport for rich white ppl that have access to olympics pools and quality trainers.

and as far as the gold medals, that’s great that he has the most ever, but swimmers get to compete in hella events whereas most athletes only get one event, like a boxer. so the fact he can win up to six gold medals in one olympics is cool, but why should that give him an advantage over a boxer with one medal?

and no one is saying phelps isn’t a great athlete or even a top athlete, just that he’s not the BEST

it’s great that espn thinks he’s the best tho. i’m sure they have pure intentions putting him so high a couple weeks before the damn olympics.
Bullshit.

Exhibit A: Simone Manuel
Manuel_S_TYR_2024

Exhibit B: Cullen Jones
cullen-jones.jpg

• Part of the American team that holds the world record for the 4 x 100-meter freestyle.
  • Won one Olympic gold (2008), as well as two Olympic silver medals and another gold (2012).

i’m not downplaying michael phelps, but swimming is largely a sport for rich white ppl that have access to olympics pools and quality trainers.

and as far as the gold medals, that’s great that he has the most ever, but swimmers get to compete in hella events whereas most athletes only get one event, like a boxer. so the fact he can win up to six gold medals in one olympics is cool, but why should that give him an advantage over a boxer with one medal?

and no one is saying phelps isn’t a great athlete or even a top athlete, just that he’s not the BEST

it’s great that espn thinks he’s the best tho. i’m sure they have pure intentions putting him so high a couple weeks before the damn olympics.
Phelps parents were middle school principal and state trooper lol...

Bullshit.

Exhibit A: Simone Manuel
Manuel_S_TYR_2024

Exhibit B: Cullen Jones
cullen-jones.jpg

• Part of the American team that holds the world record for the 4 x 100-meter freestyle.
  • Won one Olympic gold (2008), as well as two Olympic silver medals and another gold (2012).
exhibit a? exhibit b?
two black ppl in swimming makes swimming not predominantly white?
you serious?

you got it man, phelps is the best. i’ve never seen a better athlete than him.
you convinced me

Phelps parents were middle school principal and state trooper lol...

shit i wish igrew up with both parents having good paying jobs that ended up giving you pensions after twenty years

that’s rich to me.

i don’t go by rapper rich. i go by real life rich, and that’sa damn good life in my opinion, compared to most ppl in this country.

Reactions: GNS
exhibit a? exhibit b?
two black ppl in swimming makes swimming not predominantly white?
you serious?

you got it man, phelps is the best. i’ve never seen a better athlete than him.
you convinced me

shit i wish igrew up with both parents having good paying jobs that ended up giving you pensions after twenty years

that’s rich to me.

i don’t go by rapper rich. i go by real life rich, and that’sa damn good life in my opinion, compared to most ppl in this country.
He's a child of divorce

But I don't care enough to keep arguing this so good on you 👍

@Goldie

With all due respect, we have to stop these polls when it comes to generational choices.

The LARGEST contingent of ABW is stuck in the 1985-1997 Millennial range, where most of their minds are set off the following things, sports-wise:

Any athlete that ended their career before 1990 is a relic and might as well never played.

We only subscribe to football, basketball, and maybe baseball….and possibly the track events of the Olympics.

Jordan is God. Not King……GOD.

I guarantee if you did these surveys with a much wider range of demographics, these results would be different. But let me stop before I get accused of being an “old ass hater.”

Ali
Kareem
Jim Brown
Add Pele and Jesse Owens in there and you got the real Top 5 athletes….but ABW will NEVER be ready for that conversation.

Last edited:
@Goldie

With all due respect, we have to stop these polls when it comes to generational choices.

The LARGEST contingent of ABW is stuck in the 1985-1997 Millennial range, where most of their minds are set off the following things, sports-wise:

Any athlete that ended their career before 1990 is a relic and might as well never played.

We only subscribe to football, basketball, and maybe baseball….and possibly the track events of the Olympics.

Jordan is God. Not King……GOD.

I guarantee if you did these surveys with a much wider range of demographics, these results would be different. But let me stop before I get accused of being an “old ass hater.”

Add Pele and Jesse Owens in there and you got the real Top 5 athletes….be ABW will NEVER be ready for that conversation.

Soooooooo make your own poll then

Back