Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Gladys Knight to sing national anthem at Superbowl is she coonin?

She been shitting on Colin Kapernick too...

We throwing her music away?

http://time.com/5505825/super-bowl-halftime-show-controversy-2019/

The legendary singer later weighed in on the Colin Kaepernick controversy and her decision to participate in the Super Bowl. In a statement to E! News, Knight stressed that the national anthem should be separate from the fight for social justice, while pointing towards her own history of civil rights activism.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things and they are police violence and injustice. It is unfortunate that our National Anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the National Anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone,” Knight said. “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the Anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life, from walking back hallways, from marching with our social leaders, from using my voice for good—I have been in the forefront of this battle longer than most of those voicing their opinions to win the right to sing our country’s Anthem on a stage as large as the Super Bowl LIII. No matter who chooses to deflect with this narrative and continue to mix these two in the same message, it is not so and cannot be made so by anyone speaking it.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/video-do-you-know-the-star-spangled-banners-third-verse/

One of the Americans who witnessed it was Francis Scott Key.

In September, Key also witnessed 25 hours of continuous British bombardment of Fort McHenry in Baltimore. After seeing the White House burn and the fort survive, Key became so moved that he wrote a poem that became the national anthem. In the third verse, Key had a special message for the enslaved people who had dared to fight for freedom—we will pursue you to get revenge:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
from the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave.
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
o’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

His message to the blacks fighting for freedom was unmistakable—we will hunt you down and the search will leave you in terror because, when we find you, your next stop is the gloom of the grave.

Some people try to claim he was writing about some other group of “slaves,” but there is no historical evidence that “slave” referred to anyone other than black enslaved people, whom Key viewed as “a distinct and inferior race of people, which experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts the community.” As a prosecutor in DC, Key sought the death penalty for a man who possessed abolitionist literature. Key believed that anyone who would consider abolishing slavery was willing to “associate and amalgamate with the Negro.” And to him that justified execution.

This is the story of Francis Scott Key and the writing of a poem that became the national anthem.

Sports entertainment in and of itself is a spectacle of so called white supremacy. "Here, watch these angry roided out Black dudes throwing a ball around and knock each other unconscious while the system slowly strips you of your liberties". If niggas was really about fighting for justice, they would walk out at halftime.

I haven't watch an NFL game since I think the Eagles won the Superbowl and I won't be watching the Superbowl either.

A lot of niggas in here first to call these artists coon but will be in attendance watching the Superbowl religiously. And btw Travis Scott is a coon, but not for performing at the Superbowl but for the shit he said about Mike Brown.

This.(and I'm all for standing up 4 my niggas n all...but)

And Kap also never really said wanted back into the NFL. He was never really working out like that.

Most niggas just wave riders niggas was talking that Free Kap shit and then were peacocking at the Super Bowl ....ain’t watch no football games in a season or 2 won’t really start now

She broke. Chrisette Michelle destroyed her career by singing for trump. Lets see what happens

Coon is too strong of word but I wasnt buying/listening to/supporting Gladys b4 this and I won't start now

Same with TS, same with Big Boi

I'm not gonna bash the players or ppl who find entertainment in watching Football either.

I'll simply say, it's no longer for me and hasn't been since the league showed me their true colors

This is why when it comes to social issues...

NBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Really because there were a lot fucked up police shootings of innocent black men that happen last year and i don’t remember any NBA players saying shit about it.. Laquan McDonald’s killer only got like 3 years this week.. I must’ve missed all the NBA players making noise and speaking about how wrong that decision was...

Last edited:
Really because there were a lot fucked police shootings of innocent black men that happen last year and don’t remember any NBA players saying shit about it.. Laquan McDonald’s killer only got like 3 years this week.. I must’ve missed all the NBA players making noise and speaking about how wrong that decision was...

Exactly...and NBA players do not do shit to Donald Sterling...He still wealthy

Back