Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ghostwriting

A handful early geto boys verses.
Just looked this up.

This what he said...

“I wrote all of my stuff,” he said. “I wrote a couple songs that Face rapped. But as far as Bill though, when it came to Geto Boy records, I’d say about 80-90 percent of everything you ever heard Bill say came out of my head.”

When asked if he penned hooks or actual bars, Willie says he did it all. “Nah, I actually wrote whole songs where he rapped on. I’m talking about Geto Boy records. I wrote ‘Do It Like a G.O.,’ the whole record. And myself, Bill and Brad rapped that. I wrote ‘Ain’t With Being Broke’ and I did ‘C’mon.'”

(Not sure what C'mon is but its not on youtube)

When discussing a rapper and his legacy, how does having a writer play into it?

Snoop has done full albums with writers and allegedly had help from D.O.C on his earlier work. Do you penalize him for that?

Scarface had a handful of his verses penned by Willie D, do you hold that against him?

In case you're wondering, yes I'm tying all of this back around to Drake. So be careful how you answer this.​

DOC didn't write for Snoop in the early days. It was more DOC telling Snoop to say "bitch" like this verse like that.

What verses Willie D wrote on any Scarface SOLO album?

Far as rapper's go it takes away from their legacy of being a top tier emcee if someone wrote your raps.

Eazy E is a damn legend but he didn't write his raps but he let everyone know on his first song. So he can never be called a legendary emcee but he can be still a legend in other aspects.

Grand Master Cas wrote Rapper's Delight so none of the Sugar Hill Gang can be none for great emecees even though they're apart of legendary song that made hiphop a thing.

DOC and Cube wrote most of Dre's music so he can never be a top emcee but he'll always be a legend in hip-hop.

Drake will go down as legendary BUT he didn't write his raps so him being considered a top tier emcee will be always questioned.

So yall picking and choosing who yall penalize.

"Oh nah man, Face would've been a legend regardless" lol

Yall niggas love picking and choosing who yall wanna demonize for shit but praise a mf doing the same shit.

having ghost writes penalizes you to me.

i penalize scarface, dre, eazy e, kanye, drake, all of them for having ghost writers

No they didnt.

They just didnt wanna disrespect Nas and take credit away from him.

But stic man said yes they helped co- write on Untitled.

Watch again. And check your album notes.

Bruh, the first thing he says is "how does that sound? Us coming in and writing a verse? Nah that didn't happen".

"Co-writing HOOKS and working on production is what i did"

Do better Goat.

Bruh, the first thing he says is "how does that sound? Us coming in and writing a verse? Nah that didn't happen".

"Co-writing HOOKS and working on production is what i did"

Do better Goat.

*Co-writing, hooks, & production.

:think2:

Shit is like wrestling man u grow up and figure out this shit is mostly a business and dudes are playing parts. I'm guessing that's why that Drake shit didn't blow up like Meek thought because most people in the business already knew. Didn't tarnish Diddy legacy and I doubt it will tarnish Drake's.
Diddy never championed himself as an elite emcee. He knows he has a larger than life persona and monetized it. Hell he even said it himself

“Dont worry if I write rhymes, I write checks”

Drake on the other hand....

Groups are different imo....

Becasue of the nature of the creative process it takes in groups and it would be essential to work close together...It wouldnt be a detriment for the members to write a whole song or tweak each others bars.

I would not be surprised if all the groups that we consider GOAT wrote for each other or wrote whole songs for the group to perform.

It would be wack if niggas just brought whatever bars and hopped in the booth...wouldnt be no cohesiveness imo.

UGK
Kast
Mobb Deep
Wu
Tribe
Goodie Mob
Ball & G
Geto Boys

Wouldnt be surprised if these guys shared songs or verses within their respective groups

I would fully expect these same members to write their own shit on a solo album however

Last edited:
So yall picking and choosing who yall penalize.

"Oh nah man, Face would've been a legend regardless" lol

Yall niggas love picking and choosing who yall wanna demonize for shit but praise a mf doing the same shit.
Well you probably don't know but Face came to the group late and the songs Willie wrote was for someone else. I give Face slack since he wasn't the original member. After that though Face wrote everything else.

Back