Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Ghostwriting

I dont believe Face had a ghostwriter write whole songs for him, like, here is a reference track, rap it word for word... Nothing wrong with groups etc writing together, but I would be shocked if Face was given a whole song from scratch...

willie d said it himself on his breakfast club interview

So when they were in a group??? I would interpret it they all worked together and trade verses and lines, not that he 'ghostwrote' whole songs for Face...

Nah he said he wrote everything HE spit, but face spit verses that he (willie d) wrote.

Nah he said he wrote everything HE spit, but face spit verses that he (willie d) wrote.

I would wanna see the interview, even so like I said I doubt he wrote a whole song, writing a verse with Face is not the same as Face having a ghostwriter in the same kinda vain as Puff, Eazy, Dre or whoever... I bet 99% of rappers have been given a verse... You only got to listen to the bugged out stuff and deep lines Face says to know how next level dude is, like when he wrote about his friends son dying in house fire??? on 'This Cant Be Life' pretty much on the spot after getting a phone call...

I would wanna see the interview, even so like I said I doubt he wrote a whole song, writing a verse with Face is not the same as Face having a ghostwriter in the same kinda vain as Puff, Eazy, Dre or whoever... I bet 99% of rappers have been given a verse... You only got to listen to the bugged out stuff and deep lines Face says to know how next level dude is, like when he wrote about his friends son dying in house fire??? on 'This Cant Be Life' pretty much on the spot after getting a phone call...

Nobody says dre or puff are top 5 MCs

Again, I like Ye and Drake too, but I aint gonna stan to the point I'm changing the rules of hiphop for these niggas. Yall giving passes to alot of bullshit cuz your favorite rapper does it.

There's been rules to the game of MC'n from the jump. Write your shit and don't bite and stans these days are giving passes to the shit. I ain't doing it.

I kind of looked differently at L.L. Cool J when I found out he used ghostwriters.

His early stuff was all him but I guess after awhile you run out of ideas or you need some help to reinvent yourself.

The rumor was that a young Eminem ghostwrote his Canibus disses but Eminem played a prank once during an LL interview when LL was on SHADE 45 by calling in as a fan who could rap all of LL Cool J's lyrics and I could tell LL didn't even know it was Eminem on the phone. I still think someone else (probably multiple people) wrote for LL from "Mama Said Knock You Out" era on because his style was all over the place. People don't just start rapping like totally new emcees like that...

Word? I've never noticed a change from LL LYRICALLY. I did notice his delivery changed around 14 shots and mr.smith, where he stopped yelling and calmed the flow down, but that's it.

He did a whole project where 50 Cent wrote all his lyrics (when 50 Cent had the "hot sound" everyone wanted)...

EDIT: I may be overstating... 50 Cent came with all the concepts, I'm sure LL had influence with the lyrics

Scarface had a ghostwriter? Get the fuck outta here...

Scarface was writing for Bushwick Bill... Listen to "Mind's Playing Tricks On Me"... the flows are all the same except for Willie D who kind of wrecks the song in my opinion

I think you're thinking of Luv U Better and Hush Baby. 7 Aurelius is said to have wrote those songs but those were more singy songy type songs outside of LL's scope. So does it really count ?

I see what you are saying BUT Drake got accused of the same thing when Weeknd wrote a lot of the early "singy" Drake (like "Trust Issues")

I'm not stanning I'm being objective. When it's all said and done Kanye West is one of the greatest rappers of all time and that's how they're going to label him. Lyricism is great but you're not gonna erase history and say Eazy E, Cube, Face and Ye are all time greats because they had someone write for them. The rules of rap changed a long time ago and by y'all logic Michael Jackson can never be the greatest singer or entertainer of all time because he didn't write some of his songs.

To the masses being the greatest MC don't matter.

Is MJ a rapper?

The rules never changed, it's fans and stans who're trying to change it and most of them are casual hiphop fans who don't know any better. From rakim to nas to 3k etc will echo everything I'm saying.

I think Willie D is lying... point blank

We all know the Geto Boys had a falling out... where are all of Willie D's hot solo projects?

"I make big money, I drive big cars, everyone know me, I'm a superstar" fuck outta here with that simplistic bullshit, Willie!

Cop shoes, don't cop pleas
This thread sad

Wait until I get to a pc

Is swagger jacking the same as ghostwriting? Just a question.

What do you think of people like Desiigner basically stealing Future's whole style?

Back