Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Getting Spanked As A Kid Leads To Dating Violence As An Adult

This what some of y'all be doing. This dumb ass nigga need his ass beat

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

That shit would get him killed while he sleep, I don't know why parents want to embarrass their kids like this.

I used to hate getting spanked as a kid...

... As an adult? *shrugs* not so much...

So yeah parents should be wary because if they don't turn out violent they may end up equating pleasure with pain.

I used to hate getting spanked as a kid...

... As an adult? *shrugs* not so much...

So yeah parents should be wary because if they don't turn out violent they may end up equating pleasure with pain.

w8wut.gif

Spanking your children could cause them to become violent with a partner later in life, according to a new study.

A team of researchers interviewed 758 19- and 20-year-olds in southeast Texas. They asked if they experienced violence in their adult relationships and what kind of corporal punishments, including spanking and getting struck with an object, they received as a child.

The study found 69 percent were physically punished during childhood and 19 percent said they committed a form of dating violence.

“Kids who said they had experienced corporal punishment were more likely to have recently committed dating violence,” Jeff Temple, the study’s lead author, told CNN.

The team took into account age, gender, parent’s education and any other history of abuse and found that people who’d been spanked as a kid had a 29 percent higher risk for committing dating violence. But they noted that the correlation between spanking and relationship were the same across the board, regardless of these factors.

Their findings were published in the Journal of Pediatrics.

Researchers added that dating violence can obviously be caused by other factors, such as mental health or substance abuse, but that physical punishment in children should also be considered among the factors.

“While parents may think this form of physical punishment is a good lesson, substantial research indicates that it does way more harm than good,” Temple said in a statement. “While we can’t say that spanking causes later violence, it follows that if a kid learns that physical punishment is a way to solve conflict, he or she may carry that over into conflicts with later intimate partners.”
Funny how someone will take the worst case scenario and use it to make their case! Just like anything in life. There is a wrong way to do something and a right way to do something! Getting my ass whooped kept me from getting into a whole heep of shit growing!

thats a big fat piece of BS...this is about the 10th thing that getting spanked as a child could cause... whats next? "Getting Spanked as a Children Could cause Cancer"???
:smh:

Ay I was like 8 or 9 when I got stuck in the kitchen w/ my uncle and his g/f fighting

he yoked her up on the wall and I turned right around and started stirring a empty ass bowl kmsl

Nervous-Kid-Looks-Down.gif

What I dont like is them parents that beat the kid and then immediately hug on em and apologize and shit

idk why it just seems worse than just whooping their ass

in that case it does make violence a normal part of a relationship to a person

I use to spank, but then I figured the lesson wasnt getting learned, so I moved to exercises. Burpee's, push-up's Turkish Getup's.
Shit's effective. I can lecture while they exercise, and dont wind up hurting myself in the process.

Fuck spankings.

Dont even like the way the name sound.

Spankings.

...bullshyt.

I got my azzz whooped as a kid. Never once abused any woman I've been with.

Spanking doesn't work for everyone...just like putting kids on time out.

Every child is different. Some need their azzz whooped...others need a stern talking to. There no real right or wrong.

But to say spanking leads to a child being abusive when they get older...bs.

Funny how someone will take the worst case scenario and use it to make their case! Just like anything in life. There is a wrong way to do something and a right way to do something! Getting my ass whooped kept me from getting into a whole heep of shit growing!

Exactly.

Back