Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Feel Gender Roles Are Necessary?

• Total voters
The head of a household doesn't need to be a man. The breadwinner doesn't have to be a man. When women marry, they do not need to take the man's name and give up their own. Women's titles (Miss, Mrs) should not be determined by the proximity of their relationship to some nigga who will always be him (Mr) regardless.

Can these choices still be made? Sure. There's no shame in any of these lifestyle choices. The fact that they're the default says something about society and inequality, not human nature. Men should not feel afraid to pursue things like fruity cocktails, baking, crafting, grooming. Men are actively limited by notions of masculinity. Men should be able to talk about their feelings and cry more. It would be healthier. I believe men would not successfully commit suicide in such a disproportionately high number if they were able to express themselves more.

Not questioning that and just accepting the norms as they are isn't a good thing. Don't shy away from making the choices you're gonna make but at least try to deconstruct first.

The head of a household doesn't need to be a man. The breadwinner doesn't have to be a man. When women marry, they do not need to take the man's name and give up their own. Women's titles (Miss, Mrs) should not be determined by the proximity of their relationship to some nigga who will always be him (Mr) regardless.

Can these choices still be made? Sure. There's no shame in any of these lifestyle choices. The fact that they're the default says something about society and inequality, not human nature. Men should not feel afraid to pursue things like fruity cocktails, baking, crafting, grooming. Men are actively limited by notions of masculinity. Men should be able to talk about their feelings and cry more. It would be healthier. I believe men would not successfully commit suicide in such a disproportionately high number if they were able to express themselves more.

Not questioning that and just accepting the norms as they are isn't a good thing. Don't shy away from making the choices you're gonna make but at least try to deconstruct first.

The bolded would be a good spinoff thread.

I never thought of it the way you phrased it as "give up their own".

Yes. Gender roles are absolutely necessary.

Men and women were created to fulfill differnt aspects and purposes in each others lives based on our inherant qualities as men and women

When you start going against the natural order of things the results are negative

Ex: These feminine fuckboy men out chea and the the "fuck a man" independent woman

Let the church say "Amen"...

I believe in gender roles to an extent
BUT
There's problems with it. For example, I'm a woman, I work, I play sports, I like rap songs I prolly shouldn't (as a woman), I can change my own tires, put oil in my own car, I like to roll blunts lol
Traditionally women stay home and care for the husband, household, and children. That's it. Realistically that's ridiculous. Women shouldn't be dependent on a man, but that's exactly what gender roles typically dictate.

Now when it comes to mannerisms and what not, I believe men should be masculine and women and women should be feminine. Those lines shouldn't blur. But that isn't so much a role as it is ones personality/demeanor. I don't know how else to explain this except for example a masculine man can be a florist, and still be a man, but if he acts like a lil bitch, then he's crossing the line. On that note, I don't have a problem with gay people, but I'd be happier if men dated women and women dated men, and only those people brought children into the world and raised them. I'm not for the gay agenda, or the demasculination of the black man.
Well said!:uk:

working women, women playing sports etc, are not even "gender roles" imo

the ones that are important to me are in the dynamics of a relationship...particularly marriage

regardless of each spouses financial status (cause thats a very big point of contention)

the man is still the leader of that household....no its not 50/50(fight me)

while it is true that you both run the household TOGETHER the woman isnt and shouldnt be the leader of the houshold

you werent created for that...and thats not your role.

as a man our responsibility as the leader of the household is to protect and care for you wife...

its deeper than just breadwinning.

You are her spiritual, emotional and physical covering. and when you fulfill this role its much much easier for her to yield and submit to your leadership and be your helper in all things...thats what she was created to do.

You say all of this but would you be the bread winner of the house , while your nigga is the stay home dad?

I couldn't be a stay at home dad.

No knock on the dudes who do that, but even if my wife make a shit load of money, we'd just have to hire a house keeper, cuz I'm always gonna feel the need to make money

The bold is false........The head of the household should be the man at all he may not be the biggest bread winner he should always be the head of the house.... Always

I couldn't do it love. We gotta be equals or you gotta be doing better than me. There's no me taking care of you going on, nope.
I admit. I don't like the idea of a man completely living off me. It just rubs me wrong. The inverse rubs me wrong too, I don't want to depend on a man or have gaps on my resume because I was housewiving it up. I like the adult interaction of work too, even if it's part time.

I'd give it a try having the man at home, mostly because it isn't necessary for the full 18 years. If it's only for the 4 years before they start school, I don't see it as an issue. It'd be like daycare, only with their father instead of strangers. He could work from home. There's no reason why a man couldn't work from home while being a stay at home parent, women do it everyday.

I admit. I don't like the idea of a man completely living off me. It just rubs me wrong. The inverse rubs me wrong too, I don't want to depend on a man or have gaps on my resume because I was housewiving it up. I like the adult interaction of work too, even if it's part time.

I'd give it a try having the man at home, mostly because it isn't necessary for the full 18 years. If it's only for the 4 years before they start school, I don't see it as an issue. It'd be like daycare, only with their father instead of strangers. He could work from home. There's no reason why a man couldn't work from home while being a stay at home parent, women do it everyday.
I hear you. On my end, I work during the day, he works at night, so he's home with the youngest until I'm back.. but sometimes he has to work all day and those days baby goes to daycare. We keep it pretty equal. But it could never be him at home all day all the time cooking cleaning and watching the kids while I'm the only person bringing in money. That's not ok with me. Some people do it, but I couldn't.

Word, that "independent woman" mentality ends up doing them more harm than good in the long run.

Back