Breaking News Gas prices top $4 a gallon nationwide, all-time record could be broken this week

So when we were in lockdown, didn't they have a stupid surplus in oil cause no one was traveling/driving etc??

We went through that already?

smh major network news is sooo fulla shit.

I been seein them ask ppl "would u be ok w payin alil extra if it meant standing w n helping ukraine?"

wtf. They should ask me that shit on camera. I'd tell em to gtfoh

So when we were in lockdown, didn't they have a stupid surplus in oil cause no one was traveling/driving etc??

We went through that already?
Yes and no. When everyone stopped driving during lock down, oil prices tanked and oil companies were slashing production left and right to raise the price. So I know they're loving this right now.

White people out here already panic buying for no reason..

So on NPR they said part of reason gas prices are so high is because america is shipping a lot of our regular gas and diesel fuel to europe so they can cut some of their dependence on russian gas.

IMO that is fucked up to make us have to pay higher gas prices just to try to have more favor/power in europe and try to hurt russia.

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
Yall better start getting those electric cars. There are charging stations popping up everywhere in my area

Yep, my wife and I have hybrids. They aren't even fully electric, but we still see the difference.

Also, be aware that even when the shit that's driving the prices up goes away, we probably won't see an immediate drop. The gas companies got us paying these prices now, they gonna milk that as long as they can.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/27/...mer-driving.html?referringSource=articleShare

The war in Ukraine is the most immediate cause for the jump in prices as global refiners, tanker companies and traders shun Russian exports, forcing up to three million barrels of oil a day off the market. Energy traders have also bid up oil prices in the expectation that Western governments will impose even tougher sanctions on Russia and its energy industry.

But another reason for the high prices is that, despite them, motorists have not done much to burn a lot less gasoline. Analysts said people appeared to have a robust appetite for hitting the road as the United States recovered from the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Just thought you eco-majors should read this….

Last edited:
Reactions: onetoughmiracle
Yep, my wife and I have hybrids. They aren't even fully electric, but we still see the difference.

Also, be aware that even when the shit that's driving the prices up goes away, we probably won't see an immediate drop. The gas companies got us paying these prices now, they gonna milk that as long as they can.

when it went to $3, everyone thought it would drop back to $1.50-$2.50…sike… consumers still need gas and that didn’t stop enough to force that price change. Even as it continues to go up now to the national average at almost $5, as shitty as it is, we are still filling up. It ain’t gonna go back down to $3 ever again. We would be lucky to see it at $4. So many places out here that are over $6.00 for regular. I’m fortunate for now to be at $5.50 close by to me. But go another mile, over $6. I fully expect that to be my average soon.

• Wack
Reactions: genocide_cutter
Man gas is damn near 7 bucks here in LA

Plus I’m in a big ass Dodge Ram as a rental while my car is being repaired… so I’m paying a good $130 at least if I wanna fill up all the way from E.

I was gonna say fuck it and try and buy a Prius but they’re even hard to find at least in CA.. and they’re all super marked up due to inflation, chip shortage and demand.

Crazy times.