Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Game 7 or birth of your child?

You leaving or playing?

• Leaving 🚶🏿‍♂️👨🏿‍🍼

• Playing 🏀 🏆

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wrote that on page 3.

When a mfer says he and his family decide game 7 more important, it should be respected.

If a woman thinks its more important for her husband to be at the game, it should be respected just as much as when a woman says she needs her man for support.

Yall was acting like theres only 1 right answer like yall usually do.

Life always more gray than black and white.

I get it though. Nuance died in 2010 and here we are in 2024.

Nuance only works when a person believes more than their pov matters...and the exact opposite has been expressed on ABW so it's not hard to see why this thread went the way it did

To me...this kinda proves the OPPOSITE point.

Fish came back AFTER the surgery and after he confirmed everything went well and his daughter was safe. His main priority was his family, and that basketball shit was a very distant second.

What are we doing here?
If he can leave his daughter when she's post-op for eye cancer, then all bets are off. His daughter coming out of surgery and pops wasn't there. A bit different than a newborn who wont have a memory of the experience regardless.

This is a question of rather the mother would be okay with it or not. If she's on board then you play in that game, if she isn't then you don't. Simple.

If he can leave his daughter when she's post-op for eye cancer, then all bets are off. His daughter coming out of surgery and pops wasn't there. A bit different than a newborn who wont have a memory of the experience regardless.

This is a question of rather the mother would be okay with it or not. If she's on board then you play in that game, if she isn't then you don't. Simple.
It’s not just a question for the mother. It’s one for you

It’s not just a question for the mother. It’s one for you
That's fair. But this wouldn't be some spur of the moment decision. Alot of planning and understanding would be in place long before the due date and so my decision would be heavily influenced by that.

I think I’m prolly viewing the shit from a different angle than some of y’all. My motivation for going to the hospital is mostly selfish. Lol. Sure, I’ll be there for my woman and give her what she needs, but the real reason I’m there is because I want to see my child come into the world.

I think I’m prolly viewing the shit from a different angle than some of y’all. My motivation for going to the hospital is mostly selfish. Lol. Sure, I’ll be there for my woman and give her what she needs, but the real reason I’m there is because I want to see my child come into the world.

You have kids yet? I’ve seen it. Sometimes it’s a lil bit messy. The sentiment is amazing but I still wanted to bleach my eyes

You have kids yet? I’ve seen it. Sometimes it’s a lil bit messy. The sentiment is amazing but I still wanted to bleach my eyes
Lol. Yeah. Watched both of them take their first breaths. Watched as my son's mom was cut open like a fuckin' slaughtered cow and have a baby pulled out of her and watched my daughter squeeze her big ass head out into the world.

Back