Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gabrielle Union reveals how she used to try to 'minimize' her Blackness by hiding her upper lip

Untrue. Colorism in Asia is 100% rooted in colonialism. Almost every Asian country was colonized. Even if it was by other Asian countries that historically had lighter skinned people. That’s where a lot of the colorism in Asia stems from. Especially in South Korea, which is by far the most colorist country in Asia.

South Korea was only ever colonized by Japan. You got any proof that the Japanese pushed colorism on them?

South Korea was only ever colonized by Japan. You got any proof that the Japanese pushed colorism on them?

Not any proof that I have laying around all willy nilly. But I know cuz I was in South Korea and was amazed how openly colorist the country is and started asking some questions and doing some research.

And if you really wanna get deep, we could get into the cultural influence of the Chinese on South Korea, as it relates to colorism, even though china never officially colonized Korea.

But I don’t think either of us care that much. Lol. 🤷🏾

There's truth to that, but honestly, shit like this happens even when colonialism wasn't a problem. Colorism is very prevalent in a lot of Asian countries, even those that are pretty ethnically homogenous. It's weird.

All them countries were still exploited by colonialism but their reasons ain’t the same as ours

She means she tried to make some of her black features less noticeable by hiding her top lip… Similar to the pic of fire marshal Bill that somebody posted.

I think y’all knew that.

Y’all just playing dumb.

Sidenote: She seems like a goofy broad.

Damn that...Gabby can STILL get the EBRC all day. I been liked her. I know and DWade done some freaky azzz shyt. Especially 3sums

Untrue. Colorism in Asia is 100% rooted in colonialism. Almost every Asian country was colonized. Even if it was by other Asian countries that historically had lighter skinned people. That’s where a lot of the colorism in Asia stems from. Especially in South Korea, which is by far the most colorist country in Asia.

More so than India? 🤔

Back