Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gabrielle Union reveals how she used to try to 'minimize' her Blackness by hiding her upper lip

The funniest/saddest part of that article was because she's playing a character that kicks their gay child out the house, she said this:

Initially, I was like, ‘I live differently. What have I ever given off to make anyone think that I could pull this off convincingly?,’”

Bitch you're an actress stupid!
no one gives a fuck that you're an LGBTQ advocate with a transgender daughter 🤦‍♂️

Are you really asking me what's terrible about a black chick wanting to try and hide her blackness?
Nah, I'm asking why what a person did 20+ yrs ago to fit into a system that's built for you to fit in or get out is a terrible person

I don't get how some of you niggas so intolerant given yall own past and upbringings

Nah, I'm asking why what a person did 20+ yrs ago to fit into a system that's built for you to fit in or get out is a terrible person

I don't get how some of you niggas so intolerant given yall own past and upbringings

I didn't say she was a terrible person. I don't even know her personally. I said everything we find out about her is terrible. Trying to undermine your own blackness is terrible IMO. If you don't think it is, we'll have to agree to disagree. And I can't speak for anyone else, but nothing in my past pushed me to be ashamed of being black and I lived in the racist ass south.

I blame wyte European colonialism and their so-called "standards".

There's truth to that, but honestly, shit like this happens even when colonialism wasn't a problem. Colorism is very prevalent in a lot of Asian countries, even those that are pretty ethnically homogenous. It's weird.

I know D Wade and her had to have some serious let's put it all out on the table conversations. This woman got some wild ass stories about how she was living and things she was doing. D Wade probably had some wild ass days as a ball player as well.

I know D Wade and her had to have some serious let's put it all out on the table conversations. This woman got some wild ass stories about how she was living and things she was doing. D Wade probably had some wild ass days as a ball player as well.

He might be the only nigga in the history of professional athletics who is married to a chick that was more wide open than he was. lol

I’ve had this theory about them since he cheated on her more than a decade ago and had a baby with one of his “friends.”

I think she gave him an ultimatum. If he wanted her back, he had to do these 3 things:

Marry her. He did
Have a baby. They did via surrogate
Accept the former Zion for what he wanted to be, which is a transgendered woman named Zaya

Just my 2 cents

I’ve had this theory about them since he cheated on her more than a decade ago and had a baby with one of his “friends.”

I think she gave him an ultimatum. If he wanted her back, he had to do these 3 things:

Marry her. He did
Have a baby. They did via surrogate
Accept the former Zion for what he wanted to be, which is a transgendered woman named Zaya

Just my 2 cents

Interesting theory.

Is it really cheating if a couple is on a break?

I understand folks may get their feelings hurt cause one is out getting it in during the break but I don't know if that is really cheating.

Interesting theory.

I understand folks may get their feelings hurt cause one is out getting it in during the break but I don't know if that is really cheating.

I thought about that too, but my good friends at TMZ timelined this “break” and it wasn’t a break: he flat out cheated on her

There's truth to that, but honestly, shit like this happens even when colonialism wasn't a problem. Colorism is very prevalent in a lot of Asian countries, even those that are pretty ethnically homogenous. It's weird.

Untrue. Colorism in Asia is 100% rooted in colonialism. Almost every Asian country was colonized. Even if it was by other Asian countries that historically had lighter skinned people. That’s where a lot of the colorism in Asia stems from. Especially in South Korea, which is by far the most colorist country in Asia.

Interesting theory.

I remember Chili got mad at Usher for doing his thing during their break.

I mean if you initiated the break...da fucc I'm suppose to do nothing until you decide you wanna get back?? I SAY THEE NAY!!

Back