Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread: 9/20

WWE Smackdown Producers

Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Paul Heyman, Matt Riddle, Bloodline segment: Jason Jordan

Xavier Woods vs. LA Knight: Abyss

Backstage segments, Judgment Day interview: Jamie Noble

Santos Escobar vs. Damian Priest: Jamie Noble

Women’s Tag Title Championship Ceremony: TJ Wilson

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Madcap Moss: Shawn Daivari

Strowman, Ricochet, Viking Raiders: Adam Pearce

Matt Riddle vs. Solo Sikoa

Other notes:

Butch vs. Gunther’s dark match was produced by Jason Jordan

Shotzi vs. Lacey Evans dark match was produced by TJ Wilson

WWE is back to misspelling Ludwig Kaiser’s name internally

Matt Riddle does still have “Matt” in his name internally upon his return.

Internal live events reports indicated Smackdown as the highest grossing event in Lincoln, NE in WWE history

Talent we spoke to who were at Smackdown weren’t informed of where they were going in the draft.

That extra hr of Raw is really a chore to get thru

I rarely do.

Hell I fell asleep on it two weeks ago and woke up to Lesnar F5ing Cody thru the table lmaoo

I was like

“Well shit…”

I have fallen asleep countless times before 11pm and it’s not because the show is boring. That’s why when I click on reactions to y’all posts, it’s usually the next day lol

Charlotte Flair is not scheduled for tonight's Friday Night Smackdown. We are told she and her husband Andrade el Idolo are now planning to travel internationally after she informed WWE she was taking time off during Wrestlemania 39 weekend. They had been in Hawaii for some time after Mania in Los Angeles.

No Drew McIntyre at Smackdown this week.
Matt Riddle is scheduled to appear again this week.

Expect WWE Draft teases and a segment building the Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. Usos Wrestlemania rematch for next week on tonight's SD broadcast.

Backlash matches expected to be made official are Bad Bunny & Rey Mysterio vs. Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley vs. Zelina Vega. Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes is expected to be positioned as the main event for that show.

Back