Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 6/28

Smackdown producers

- Paul Heyman Promo: Michael Hayes

- Drew McIntyre & Sheamus vs. Hit Row: Shane Helms

- Lacey Evans in action: Kenny Dykstra

- Tag Team Titles: Usos vs. Ricochet & Braun Strowman: Michael Hayes

- Natalya Promo with Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler: Adam Pearce

- Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs. Sonya Deville and Chelsea Green: Petey Williams

- Charlotte Flair interview: Jason Jordan

- IC Title Contender: Karrion Kross vs. Madcap Moss vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Santos Escobar: Jason Jordan

Backstage News

- Judgment Day vs. New Day was a post-show dark match, produced by Jason Jordan.

- Jason Jordan also produced the Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight post-show dark match

- Jason Jordan had four segments and matches in a row to produce between the broadcast and dark matches.

- For those asking, WWE is regularly spelling Ludwig Kaiser's name correctly. I know many of you were worried.

- Indie wrestler B3cca was Lacey Evans' opponent on Smackdown. She's received a lot of praise for her work on the indies.

- There is nothing to odd online speculation from non-credible twitter accounts saying WWE isn't happy with Lacey Evans' performance.

- Per internal WWE live events reports, WWE Smackdown at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut was said to be the highest-grossing event in that market in WWE history.

thats-why-hes-the-goat-the-goat.gif

the last 365 days of him staying home missing ppv's but lets act like this record actually mean something while having 1 match every 2 months

the last 365 days of him staying home missing ppv's but lets act like this record actually mean something while having 1 match every 2 months

well if it means anything, he’s about to have his second match in 21 days

that has to be the shortest break for him since he became a double champ lol

I'm trying to watch all the title defenses before Mania comes around. Made it thru the Jey matches.

The work he has done from literally day 1 can't be understated. They been in their bag from the beginning. Legendary run.

Its been a great run. Im ready for something new after Mania to take WWE's attention. Hopefully it aint a drop off of quality story building but Romans run was all about trying to rush and make him a modern goat in the fans eyes for a future Lesnar style special attraction draw for the next 10 years. I honestly think Mania will be the end of Romans full time schedule.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it since he won the Universal title he don't wrestle on Friday's, in going on 3 years he maybe had a handful of matches on smackdown while still missing ppv's. This dude had a part time schedule from the start but now he works less than before

Now that I think about it since he won the Universal title he don't wrestle on Friday's, in going on 3 years he maybe had a handful of matches on smackdown while still missing ppv's. This dude had a part time schedule from the start but now he works less than before
And after Mania he might wrestle twice a year if even that.

Back