Welcome To aBlackWeb

Friday Night Smackdown Thread - 6/28

Roman's reign after Jey left made everyone look weaker, because Jey made Roman look weaker. Roman started burying himself earlier than we think.

Let's look at some events.

Roman essentially beats the Usos (near torture) to the point of acknowledgement. This established how violent and aggressive the group is (which is probably why WWE shit on the Hurt Business so bad). This is the foundation of the group.

Roman let Sami join the Bloodline. First mistake by Roman that leads to his leadership being questioned. The "outsider" Wiseman was already an issue to Jey, now another white dude is being invited? It took forever for Jey to accept Sami, but Solo never did, because he was true to the foundation. Solo couldn't wait to put hands on Sami.

While Jey is also turning face at this time, Sami's betrayal was also a bad look for Roman's leadership, since it proved Jey right all along. Sami was never right because the Bloodline is founded on the other members achknowging the alpha. How can Roman be the alpha if he can't even keep Sami in check? Sami's defiance was a constant fuse for the Usos (especially Jey) to eventually blow up against Roman, leading to Roman starting to take Ls in the ring.

Solo and Roman lose to Sami/KO.
Solo and Roman lose to the Usos, except this time Roman gets pinned by the very person who has always challenged his leadership.

Throughout the last year or so of Roman's reign as champion, Solo either interfered to keep Roman champion or took the L to keep Roman appearing strong. There were many times though that you could tell that Roman's leadership was side-eyed by Solo, especially when Roman showed mercy to people.

Bloodline leadership is like this: Roman was Caine, Solo is O-Dog.
There was always tension btw Solo and Roman pretty much from the beginning, at least on Roman's end. He always feared Solo, and Solo began to realize it especially after everything you just described. To me it all came to a head after the Usos lost to Sami/KO. Solo saw the cracks in the leadership and started plotting from there. It took a whole year and Solo never made anything apparent, but letting his brothers separate themselves while continuing to play dummy henchman #3 kept him out of Roman's scrutiny. The "we want Roman" chants made us forget how manipulative he was... if Solo showed a visible sign of defiance, Roman could've easily reeled him back in. Paul didn't even realize Solo's intentions, that's why he's been so taken aback by the past cpl months. As much flack as we give Solo, he's lowkey the smartest one out of the group... definitely the most emotionally intelligent. He might not even be working alone on this, but he's doing a lot better at keeping G.O.D and Jacob in check than Roman did at controlling the Usos and frickin Sami Zayn. I would say Roman is Mitch and Solo is Rico.

Interesting thing in all this is Solo’s claim as Tribal Chief is illegitimate. Roman was crowned by the elders…

Thats another layer to all this
Between that, "Roman's never coming back" and Solo having the flowers at the ceremony (I haven't seen anyone talk about that yet), it's about to get dark for multiple ppl.

There was always tension btw Solo and Roman pretty much from the beginning, at least on Roman's end. He always feared Solo, and Solo began to realize it especially after everything you just described. To me it all came to a head after the Usos lost to Sami/KO. Solo saw the cracks in the leadership and started plotting from there. It took a whole year and Solo never made anything apparent, but letting his brothers separate themselves while continuing to play dummy henchman #3 kept him out of Roman's scrutiny. The "we want Roman" chants made us forget how manipulative he was... if Solo showed a visible sign of defiance, Roman could've easily reeled him back in. Paul didn't even realize Solo's intentions, that's why he's been so taken aback by the past cpl months. As much flack as we give Solo, he's lowkey the smartest one out of the group... definitely the most emotionally intelligent. He might not even be working alone on this, but he's doing a lot better at keeping G.O.D and Jacob in check than Roman did at controlling the Usos and frickin Sami Zayn. I would say Roman is Mitch and Solo is Rico.
Interesting thing in all this is Solo’s claim as Tribal Chief is illegitimate. Roman was crowned by the elders…

Thats another layer to all this
I quoted the first reply because it's true that Roman and Solo have always sort of been an issue. If I recall, wasn't Solo sent by the elders to be the enforcer?

I quoted the first reply because it's true that Roman and Solo have always sort of been an issue. If I recall, wasn't Solo sent by the elders to be the enforcer?
Solo was sent by the elders to be the enforcer

But that don't give him a legit claim to the throne.

Thats like the Captain of the Kings Guard assuming the throne while the King is recovering from injuries after a battle

So what was the rocks purpose in all of this?

I'm still confused 🤔
They might be writing all this in as we speak, but go back to Royal Rumble '15. Better yet, go back to RR '13 when the Shield ran in on The Rock vs CM Punk. Rock and Roman had silent beef for years, this is the perfect timing for Rock to move in on Roman. The easy answer would be Rock wants to be TC, but he's prolly the most solidified out of that whole family... being TC would be redundant. Besides, he's not pure blood and neither is Roman for that matter. If anything, he's finishing something Rikishi started in '99 when he ran over Austin. He's already a TKO boardmember and pretty much hijacked WM with ease. Making Solo TC, usurping Vince's boy Roman and monopolizing all the gold in the E will bring this whole thing full circle. Don't be surprised if you see some life changing shit at this year's Survivor Series.

They might be writing all this in as we speak, but go back to Royal Rumble '15. Better yet, go back to RR '13 when the Shield ran in on The Rock vs CM Punk. Rock and Roman had silent beef for years, this is the perfect timing for Rock to move in on Roman. The easy answer would be Rock wants to be TC, but he's prolly the most solidified out of that whole family... being TC would be redundant. Besides, he's not pure blood and neither is Roman for that matter. If anything, he's finishing something Rikishi started in '99 when he ran over Austin. He's already a TKO boardmember and pretty much hijacked WM with ease. Making Solo TC, usurping Vince's boy Roman and monopolizing all the gold in the E will bring this whole thing full circle. Don't be surprised if you see some life changing shit at this year's Survivor Series.

Its definitely about the title of Tribal Chief / Head of the Table

1000007578.gif

As much flack as we give Solo, he's lowkey the smartest one out of the group... definitely the most emotionally intelligent. He might not even be working alone on this, but he's doing a lot better at keeping G.O.D and Jacob in check than Roman did at controlling the Usos and frickin Sami Zayn. I would say Roman is Mitch and Solo is Rico.

This is where Rock comes in.

That Paul Heyman and Bloodline segment was beautiful writing yesterday. When Paul said "I acknowledged.....that you are not my tribal chief". What a hell of a face turn in this moment. The pop was crazy. I smiled like a proud dad, watching his child, graduate from high school. Paul stayed loyalty and took one for the team. It's up on Solo, Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa and the werewolf man for putting their hands on the greatest manager ever

Last edited:
That's when the showdown happens at Wrestlemania 41

Rock the final boss. When Heyman said that shit about them just getting to the 2nd or 3rd ending or whatever during a press conference last year I never would of thought they'd have taken the story in this direction tbh. At the time I thought he was just hyping it up to say Reigns was just getting started with the title but he was really talking about the story and how it would evolve. It will definitely end w/ Reigns / Rock at mania

Back