Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

After testing few leathers, decided to go with Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver, had a £15 off reward too which was nice, so ended up getting it for £95 (and as many testers as I could get off the sales rep haha)... Annoying the reward had to be used by 1st November tho as was gonna try use it on BlackFriday...

Its an amazing fragrance though, even though its only an EDT its still strong... TBH its great value for money compared to the crazy prices of other brands... Bel Ami and Bel Ami Vetiver are classics and even at full retail £110 for 100ml is still great value...

O0bSFR.jpg

Nice little touch with the artwork on the back of the label...

ksk5H5.jpg

Last edited:
Also bought my dukes a vintage 7.5ml parfum extrait of Hermes's Caleche from the 70s, which contains real Mysore sandalwood... She wore it back in the 70s so wanted to make sure to get her the version with the real buttery Mysore...

HlTAQn.jpg

JkEtQw.jpg

Anyone know anything about Natura? Stumbled across one of their colognes online, and seems like they put out good stuff. But I've never really heard anyone talk about them.

Getting back in the frag game after a bit of a break

IMG-3169.jpg

Chanel Allure home edition Blanche: best out of the group. Doesn’t last long but smells fantastic. Like a creamy lemon meringue pie. A very elegant and classy scent for hot weather/ summer months. The notes of lemon, vanilla, bergamot, on top of that sandalwood? 👌🏾👌🏾

Judgment: This is a go. Even with its lack of performance I’m copping a bottle of this…on a discount

Thameen Fanfare: This is a citrus bomb. The floral notes give it a bit of a softer powdery vibe, but this is straight citrus. Good projection and great longevity. Perfect for summer months and has a unique vibe from other stuff on the market….however…this smells like a grandma 🤦🏾🤦🏾. I wore this to work and a coworker said it reminded them of one of them ladies at church, but it did smell good

Judgment: Just off personal tastes I can’t recommend this. It’s not bad, it’s just I don’t want to smell like that. I would recommend this but only after you test it out first to see if you don’t mind it.

Ex Nihilo Blue Talisman: a pear dominant mix of citrus and ginger. Nothing too unique or special. Kind of a mix of sauvage and light blue. Did not last long at all. Scent was pleasant when you first spray, but then it vanished after maybe an hour or two.

Judgment: Pass. For the price tag of $300 I was expecting something a bit more interesting 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Getting back in the frag game after a bit of a break

IMG-3169.jpg

Chanel Allure home edition Blanche: best out of the group. Doesn’t last long but smells fantastic. Like a creamy lemon meringue pie. A very elegant and classy scent for hot weather/ summer months. The notes of lemon, vanilla, bergamot, on top of that sandalwood? 👌🏾👌🏾

Judgment: This is a go. Even with its lack of performance I’m copping a bottle of this…on a discount

Thameen Fanfare: This is a citrus bomb. The floral notes give it a bit of a softer powdery vibe, but this is straight citrus. Good projection and great longevity. Perfect for summer months and has a unique vibe from other stuff on the market….however…this smells like a grandma 🤦🏾🤦🏾. I wore this to work and a coworker said it reminded them of one of them ladies at church, but it did smell good

Judgment: Just off personal tastes I can’t recommend this. It’s not bad, it’s just I don’t want to smell like that. I would recommend this but only after you test it out first to see if you don’t mind it.

Ex Nihilo Blue Talisman: a pear dominant mix of citrus and ginger. Nothing too unique or special. Kind of a mix of sauvage and light blue. Did not last long at all. Scent was pleasant when you first spray, but then it vanished after maybe an hour or two.

Judgment: Pass. For the price tag of $300 I was expecting something a bit more interesting 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm surprised at Blue Tailsman review...it gets a lot of hype on social media

I'm surprised at Blue Tailsman review...it gets a lot of hype on social media
It’s a more expensive Valaya. Don’t get me wrong, it smells good…but it’s been done before and better. I sprayed this on before my friends and I went out and by the time we got to the table to order, I couldn’t smell it anymore. Sprayed it on my coworkers hand one day. I went downstairs and by the time I came back up she was like “yea I can’t really even smell this anymore”

It’s a more expensive Valaya. Don’t get me wrong, it smells good…but it’s been done before and better. I sprayed this on before my friends and I went out and by the time we got to the table to order, I couldn’t smell it anymore. Sprayed it on my coworkers hand one day. I went downstairs and by the time I came back up she was like “yea I can’t really even smell this anymore”

As soon as I see Akigalawood, run for the hills... This Akigalawood trend needs to end!!! lol

Back