Welcome To aBlackWeb

For the first time in 30 years, no hip-hop album or song has hit no. 1 in 2023.

That's what I don't get about the industry. There's a open lane right now and no one is doing anything🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️ If I was in the game I'm dropping everytime There's a music drought. All these niggas friends or know eachother business mostly. They know who dropping when. Why not capitalize on the opportunity to get a easy #1 album ??

This is a good thing

Time to stop worrying about chart success and stir up some new shit….it’s 2023 and the sound of rap is still mainly in the 2010’s….time for a new wave

If not Afrobeats gonna take over

Yo y’all niggas was arguing with me like crazy about dead Hiphop now it took for this article for y’all to be like this

Fuck y’all man lol

I never thought what happened to rock would happen to hip-hop.

Might be a blessing in disguise...

Niggas especially rappers been acting like they too good for hip hop slowly sliding away from the culture

Because the culture has grown stagnant, destructive and immature.

Myself and plenty others have discussed that we mostly listen to Afrobeat, R&B or old shit.

This is the result.

Because the culture has grown stagnant, destructive and immature.

Myself and plenty others have discussed that we mostly listen to Afrobeat, R&B or old shit.

This is the result.
Work w me here wouldn’t it be their job to move the culture forward instead of escaping it?

Work w me here wouldn’t it be their job to move the culture forward instead of escaping it?
Yeah, but this next generation up hasn’t had anyone transcendent present themselves in any real way to take the torch from the last (Kendrick / Cole / Drake).

I agree with the person that said drill drove a nail into the cultures coffin.

I blame people like Lyor Cohen

He's the fucking devil yo....

All them folks from the late 80s and early 90s that said HipHop won't last is getting their point proved and I don't like it

This was intentional sabotage by people like Lyor Cohen

They the ones who really control shit.
They understand musical frequencies and shit and how it affects the listener

They knew what to promote that lead to HipHop's downfall.

I'm still a little mad about it.

Fuck Amerikkka yo

In the 80s, the best rap was underground. Anytime a rap song got played on the radio it was usually corny, sellout popcorn Rap.

Maybe it's better that Hip Hop is going back underground.

Back