Welcome To aBlackWeb

Florida Moves To Arm Teachers With Guns

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Florida’s Republican-controlled state House and Senate advanced bills this week that would train teachers to carry guns in classrooms, advancing GOP calls for more weapons in schools following the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

The legislature’s package, approved by committees in both chambers, would devote $67 million to establish school “marshals” ― teachers and school staff trained to carry a concealed weapon.

President Donald Trump last week floated the idea of arming up to 20 percent of teachers, proposing bonuses for educators who undergo training. Law enforcement groups and teacher organizations strongly oppose the idea.

The Florida bills also would raise the minimum age for purchasing a firearm in the state to 21 from 18, ban the sale of bump stocks that allow some semi-automatic rifles to fire as rapidly as an automatic, institute a three-day waiting period for purchasing a gun, and increase spending on school mental health resources.

“I want to make it virtually impossible for anyone who has mental issues to use a gun,” Gov. Rick Scott (R) said last week. “I want to make it virtually impossible for anyone who is a danger to themselves or others to use a gun.”

Scott has expressed opposition to arming teachers, but hasn’t said whether he’d approve arming other school staff or whether he supports the bills that advanced this week.

Officials in Florida’s Polk County announced a voluntary program to train and arm teachers last week.

“We had coaches that ran to stand in front of their students with no gun,” county Sheriff Grady Judd said. “Why not give them a fighting chance?”

Other states may have provided inspiration for Trump’s suggestion. Texas already has its own marshal program, and allows school districts to choose whether to arm teachers.

A handful of other states, including South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Ohio and Oklahoma, have either voted similar programs into law or have lax concealed carry laws allowing teachers with permits to bring their own guns to school.

In Idaho, an individual school district launched a voluntary program training educators to use rifles owned by the district in the event of an active shooter situation. Mississippi amended a law this week to allow teachers with permits who undergo training to carry their weapons at school.

Public opinion appears split on the issue. According to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll, 45 percent of respondents who identify as white expressed at least some support for arming teachers. The figure stood at 30 percent for non-white respondents. Almost 70 percent of Republicans, and just 20 percent of Democrats, said they favored the idea.

Some of yall was sayin this was jus a dog whistle. Trump gone push for this to happen.

lets say a big ass dredd wearing nigga goes to bluff a nigga he was just fighting with and acts like he has a gun but he really doesnt...but the teacher doesnt know.

does he get shot?

So what do they do after the first teacher-initiated mass shooting?

If students can snap due to bullies, teachers are more than ready to snap on their students. When this happens, they still won’t disarm teachers or fix the laws.

I bet they dont even let the kids take text books home. They can find money for this dumb shit though

giphy.gif

This is so damn stupid. The sad thing is I’m not surprised by the state pushing for this or the fact that they are after what President Trump stated.

Smh

So what do they do after the first teacher-initiated mass shooting?

Insert guns in place of fire alarms?

Looking from the outside and from a country that doesn’t have arms. It’s hilarious and sad at the same time, how far your government will go just to keep a gun within reach.

Rather than add a law abolishing weapons that have no use in a civilian situation, they add more guns to the situation lol.

Countries fucked.

Insert guns in place of fire alarms?

Looking from the outside and from a country that doesn’t have arms. It’s hilarious and sad at the same time, how far your government will go just to keep a gun within reach.

Rather than add a law abolishing weapons that have no use in a civilian situation, they add more guns to the situation lol.

Countries fucked.

Yeah, it’s like a rancher whose livestock keeps getting eaten by coyotes.

So he concocts a plan to raise a litter of coyote puppies and trains them to fight or chase off the wild coyotes when they come on his property.

Instead of putting up a fence.

yup all we need is "feared for my life in school" a kid stealing a teachers gun. stand your ground in school

Although I aimt with the emotional "solution" to ban guns or so called assault rifles, this shit is just as stupid.

Here's a better idea, put in metal detectors and monitor the doors. Shit we had metal detectors and city police officers posted at my high school and if your ass wasn't there at bell ring, you didnt get in. And this was the 90s

Back