Welcome To aBlackWeb

First week record sales, what stands out to you?

Nah no way, not for me... 'Tha Last Meal' is head and shoulders above all of them imo, I dont think theres a skippable track on the whole album...

The whole album flowed great and felt cohesive throughout, you could feel the Dre vibe and Snoop's message about being in charge and taken control of his life and career from start to finish...

Snoop's had loads of personas and reinvented himself numerous times over the years but that period of time and version of Snoop with Tha Eastsidaz was amazing...
I think Snoop's last best albums outside of DoggyStyle was Tha Last Meal & The Blue Carpet Treatment. Everything Snoop did after '06 has been sub-par or straight trash.

I think Snoop's last best albums outside of DoggyStyle was Tha Last Meal & The Blue Carpet Treatment. Everything Snoop did after '06 has been sub-par or straight trash.

'Paid Tha Cost' was cool too, I remember that Suge diss had me and my boys going crazy...

oh my god | GIF | PrimoGIF

Silk The Shocker being top 10 is crazy

The fact that 240k people BOUGHT that album is astonishing. Not stream it cuz there was no streaming service.

The fact that 240k folks actually walked in Best Buy/Sam Goody/local record store...put their hands on the cd physical copy...walked to the front...looked at employee working the register...placed the copy down on the counter...then pulled out cash to indicate that "YES...I am purchasing this album by this artist".

Mind bottling

Last edited:
For me...that was the joy of it. Goin to the record store and just flippin thru all the stacks. You go in lookin for one album, but leave wit 2 or 3 you didn't even realize it came out.

But lookin at that list...my gawd 99' was such a good year for hip hop

For me...that was the joy of it. Goin to the record store and just flippin thru all the stacks. You go in lookin for one album, but leave wit 2 or 3 you didn't even realize it came out.

Yeah or just buying an album off the artwork or random looking jewel case, think thats what No Limit had going for them with those big funky CD cases with and dope 'Pen & Pixel' album covers...

Man I do miss them days. There was a record store down the street from my high school and every Tuesday, sometimes Monday, I would go a check out the new releases. Always would come out of there with more than I was going to get.

Back