Welcome To aBlackWeb

First week record sales, what stands out to you?

In the conversation about 1998 Silk’s name isn’t brought up. Not about being one of the hottest, not about having the best album, Master P and Mystikal gets mentioned before him. That’s why it’s surprising.

In the conversation about 1998 Silk’s name isn’t brought up. Not about being one of the hottest, not about having the best album, Master P and Mystikal gets mentioned before him. That’s why it’s surprising.
I just told you why

lol

why mf actin like No Limit wasn't hotter than fish grease in the late 90s?

I mean, Mr. Serv-On sold over 200,000 1st wk (I kno you mf gon be like "who?")

so it's not surprising Silkk did that, esp. w/ how well his album before that did (Charge it 2 da Game)

sometimes it's ok to put your bias to the side to get a clear view

Silk The Shocker being top 10 is crazy

I remember being in college and some Miami niggas saying that Silk >>> Nas and Jay Z....smmfh.

florida.gif

It was a dope album but 'Tha Last Meal' is Snoop's second best album and absolute classic... '3:36' had some great singles for the era though...
I love that album, but 2nd tho? Like R&G and Blue Carpet don't exist? Shit, No Limit Top Dogg is prolly his best No Limit album.

I love that album, but 2nd tho? Like R&G and Blue Carpet don't exist? Shit, No Limit Top Dogg is prolly his best No Limit album.

Nah no way, not for me... 'Tha Last Meal' is head and shoulders above all of them imo, I dont think theres a skippable track on the whole album...

The whole album flowed great and felt cohesive throughout, you could feel the Dre vibe and Snoop's message about being in charge and taken control of his life and career from start to finish...

Snoop's had loads of personas and reinvented himself numerous times over the years but that period of time and version of Snoop with Tha Eastsidaz was amazing...

Back