Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Finding Rap Talent

Mooney

Moon for Short
After my latest MPC/MK Free Friday (https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/mpc-free-friday.16470/), I came across new rap talent, which was prompted by @Word...Life and @BDP™️ respectively. Their artist John Givez and Michael Christmas, I have never heard of; with other talents such as Tsu Surf, Childish Gambino, Mick Jenkins whom were posted..It got me to thinking how do ya'll find new rap talent to listen to..ever since I've joined ABW (2017), there has been at least 10 artist I probably would have never listened to..since I do run the MPC/MKs I dispose of a lot of music and on top of my own listening pleasures..that's a lot of damn music..

My first place to find talent is usually:
https://ablackweb.com/forum/threads/hip-hop-aint-dead-the-underground-connection.475/
this isnt 41 pages for nothing..these folks (me included) put a lot of work in and time to keep this thread running

So my question is how do you decide who is who and what is what when finding something new to spin??

also,Drop some artist names that need to be heard..

yo..we out!

Last edited:
For me fam it’s as simple as “going down rabbit holes” pause nh lol...I rely on this site to find new artists and music as well as tha website 2dopeboyz...I found out about Flatbush Zombies, The Underachievers, Michael Christmas, EarthGang and a bunch more people thru them...those are basically my 2 go to sites to find new shit...and basically I click on different artists and videos and if I hear summin I like I go looking for them on YouTube, iTunes, etc etc...I also look at songs/artists I already like and if they have a featured artist I go looking for any music from them...basically it’s just a nonstop search for new/good artists for me

My youtube usually leads me to a lot of new artist its just like going down a rabbit hole like @Word...Life said

Ill come drop some names in a lil bit Surf is a good one though. He was the first one to come to mind when I entered this thread

Just go on Facebook and join one of the Hip Hop groups.

I was a member of one of those groups and I was getting so many unwanted freestyles and demos from unsigned artists that I had to cancel my membership. I was getting at least 20 tracks a day by people I'd never heard of. Some of it was OK but a lot of it was generic, meaning it all sounded alike.

Just go on Facebook and join one of the Hip Hop groups.

I was a member of one of those groups and I was getting so many unwanted freestyles and demos from unsigned artists that I had to cancel my membership. I was getting at least 20 tracks a day by people I'd never heard of. Some of it was OK but a lot of it was generic, meaning it all sounded alike.
I’m not saying I don’t know how to find artist.. I wonder how certain member cycle through to find who they like to listen to.

For me fam it’s as simple as “going down rabbit holes” pause nh lol...I rely on this site to find new artists and music as well as tha website 2dopeboyz...I found out about Flatbush Zombies, The Underachievers, Michael Christmas, EarthGang and a bunch more people thru them...those are basically my 2 go to sites to find new shit...and basically I click on different artists and videos and if I hear summin I like I go looking for them on YouTube, iTunes, etc etc...I also look at songs/artists I already like and if they have a featured artist I go looking for any music from them...basically it’s just a nonstop search for new/good artists for me
I was heavy on 2dbz I fell off a bit.

Digging in the crates...

Features, producers, labels and even the cover art. Actually found one of my fave new artist by just liking the album cover and his name lol...

Chris Crack

a3203540161_10.jpg

Neek Bucks

I found this nigga back in like 2015 when he did a freestyle to this Meek track

He just started getting noticed last year or back in 2017. He got cosigns from Dave East, Jada and some more New York emcees. Even heard a few of them name drop him as someone from NY who might have next

Neek Bucks

I found this nigga back in like 2015 when he did a freestyle to this Meek track

He just started getting noticed last year or back in 2017. He got cosigns from Dave East, Jada and some more New York emcees. Even heard a few of them name drop him as someone from NY who might have next

My brother on to him..he had me dl his music..I feel he could have chose a different name Neek Bucks it too close to Neef Bucks just my imo...lol i would correct my bro too like "u mean Neef right?"oh was I wrong lol!!!

My brother on to him..he had me dl his music..I feel he could have chose a different name Neek Bucks it too close to Neef Bucks just my imo...lol i would correct my bro too like "u mean Neef right?"oh was I wrong lol!!!

Yea, for the longest I was getting him and Neef mixed up too. The names are way too similar. Maybe he'll change it down the line

Lookong through Mick Jenkins discography for that last MK i found a dope new artist Kyle Bent. Had never heard of him. He definitely got some bangers and he could blow in the current climate. His message might be too positive to get the shine he deserves tho but time will tell.

Im probably gonna use him in the next MK i can but ill drop these so yall see what I'm saying.

Back