Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
The Member Quickest To Ether Ur Ass In 2017 Award
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
if you are into underground hip hop. There are some dope projects that dropped over the last few days.

Hot on the heels of last week’s Meyhem Lauren featuring single, High, Lil Eto and V Don unleash the new Omerta: The Film EP in full.
I listened to this whole EP and its straight heat. Check it out.
It’s been a minute since Don Producci’s 2011 release,The Program. The Q borough producer is back for 2017 with The Cleanup

This album is pretty well constructed. One of my favorite songs up there is the "Youngest lord". The horns in that song are nasty!

"You must have been under a rock or stuck in a mental trance if you haven’t heard the recent work of the Lyrical Veteran West Coast Legend known as the Mighty Planet Asia." - Niyah Nel
I agree with the Queen Niyah. Velour Portraits by Planet Asia doesn't disappoint at all!!....

If you want to be a proper consumer of art you can buy the album on bandcamp.

Westsidegunn didnt lie when he said he would be coming with nothing but fire in 2017. riots on fashion avenue, is complete with 6 recorded tracks and 6 instrumentals. Westsidegunn still remains one of the most underrated artist in Hip Hop.
The full project is on youtube but you can buy the full album on bandcamp.
...Special shoutout to Saga & Thelonious for their project "Molotov"
&&& OH! last but not least.....
roc-marciano.jpg

ROC MARCIANO IS BACCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!

"Ever since Hempstead, Long Island rapper Roc Marciano dropped the spectacular Reloaded album in 2012, fans have been fiending for what’s next, and though he’s whet their appetites with his Marci Beaucoup compilation and The Pimpire Strikes Back mixtape (which is underrated as hell, by the way), it’s Rosebudd’s Revenge, the MC’s third official studio album, that people have been waiting for."-xxl

Hip hop ain’t dead, it just went underground...

Last edited:

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
D.I.T.C affiliate Milano Constantine is back with some new grown man rap. The harlem mc teamed up with DJ Skizz and Marco Polo for the production on this one, and they absolutely crushed the lead single, “Rasclat”, featuring Conway and Big Twins. There’s also has an appearance from Fame of M.O.P on this, but Milano is otherwise taking this one to the head.

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
DJ Rybe delivers his debut album Channel Zero filled with star-packed appearances on the mic from Slaine, Planet Asia, Agallah, Tragedy Khadafi, Reef The Lost Cauze, Blaq Poet, Spit Gemz & more.

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
THAGODFAHIM delivers 12 new supreme bangers on “Dreams Of Medina 2

Dreams of Medina is a follow-up to his Dark shogunn saga VOL 2

Paprika

Retired
Feb 20, 2017
ABW Bucks
$200
Roc Marciano's album is out? Imma buy that in the morning.

When Earl drops the album the year is over.

Duwop

Some niggaz like being lied to
ABW's 2017 Male Poster of the Year, 2018 Biggest Sore Loser
Mod Squad
Jan 18, 2017
Baltimore Charm City Maryland
ABW Bucks
$84,262,817
My direct neighborhood has produced a nice assortment of spitters

The best prolly being the boy blesst

Blesst got bars for days, and a ridiculous flow...

In my opinion right behind blesst is my home Charlie, we like best friends though, so my opinion is highly biased cuz I feel his bars way deeper than any one else...

After Charlie, you gotta go with k-mack... dude still going strong, he got bars, credibility, and stay busy....

The shining star of our hood was g-rock,

Certified dope boy who could rap his ass off... Dude had the money and the ambition, but couldn't leave the streets alone and got murdered a few years back.... it was a shame too, cuz he built a helluva relationship with Kevin Gates.... Niggaz around the way swear two phones was supposed to be grocks track...

Um the new school IMO is limited to two Niggaz...

Joey white,, who is Charlie little brother, and essentially my little brother too, and Kenny Burton, who also grew up right on front of me...

I really think Kenny Burton might be our best shot..

K-mack still doing music, Charlie still doing his thing, and Joey be doing features on Kenny Burton stuff,

But it's Kenny who got the juice now. I'll you tube some of all their shit later.... But bullshit you not, Niggaz round my way can spit

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
Lil Fame, Guilty Simpson, Conway, Joell Ortiz…the list of lyrical superstars goes on indefinitely for Rob Viktum’s powerhouse “Shoot The Messenger” album.
released January 29, 2017

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
Brother Ali is on the verge of releasing his first album in 5 years. He reveals the title, release date and key guests, and shares the first single.

"Yesterday (February 27), a Brother Ali video called “Pen To Paper” emerged. It revealed that the Minneapolis, Minnesota veteran MC is plotting his return. One of the most respected, recognized, and successful members of the Rhymesayers crew dropped poignant bars in a track that was less than three minutes long. Within, he talked about being profiled by the federal government, his lyrics and views compromising some of his sponsorships, and his deep affinity for Blastmasta KRS-One, who gave Ali some powerful advice young in his career.

A day later, R.S.E. reveals the details of what Ali is up to. May 5’s All The Beauty In This Whole Life finds the artist reuniting with producer Ant (Atmosphere). The pair who were together for Ali’s first four albums are the battery for all 15 tracks. “Each of my albums are the result of the pain, growth and eventual healing that I experience. Articulating the pain and navigating the healing allows the people who really feel my music to travel with me. It’s not only that we hurt together, we heal together as well,” Ali notes in a press statement. Guests include some of Rhymesayers’ newer artists, deM Atlas and Sa-Roc, as well as Amir Sulaiman.

Brother Ali Returns. After Being Profiled By Feds, He Puts Pen To Paper (Video)

“This entire album is based on the reality that beauty is the splendor of truth” the MC says in a press statement.”Beauty in all of its forms is the outward manifestation of love and virtue. It soothes the soul and pulls it gently toward the truth it communicates. Every word and note of this album is intended to either reflect beauty, or expose the ugliness that blocks us from living lives of meaning.” He closes, “In times of great suffering in the outside world, the most important battles start from within.”
Published by Jake Paine.

Now, Ali releases the audio to second single in as many days. “Own Light (What Hearts Are For)” finds the battle-savvy MC at peace. He raps about love (of self and others), drawing inspiration from Muhammad Ali, and staying “lit” through inner-light. In the player is the album’s artwork:

The tracklisting for All The Beauty In This Whole Life:

1. Pen To Paper (ft. Amir Sulaiman)
2. Own Light (What Hearts Are For)
3. Special Effects (ft. deM Atlas)
4. Can’t Take That Away
5. Dear Black Son
6. We Got This (ft. Sa-Roc)
7. Uncle Usi Taught Me
8. Pray For Me
9. It Ain’t Easy
10. Never Learn
11. Tremble
12. Before They Called You White
13. The Bitten Apple (ft. Idris Philips)
14. Out Of Here
15. All The Beauty In This Whole Life

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Ironmaynes Jackpot
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
ABW Bucks
$7,747,266
Dr. Octagon’s Album To Reissue As Box Set With 5 Unreleased Songs
Dr. Octagon is making some serious waves in 2017. Twenty years after the group went public (with a lengthy hiatus), things are really heating up. The duo of MC Kool Keith and producer Dan The Automator (along with DJ Qbert) had recently announced two California dates, the same state where they recorded the 1996 Dr. Octagonecologyst. Taking place tonight (March 6) and tomorrow, these sold out shows are the first-ever with the three artists, together.

Last week it was also announced that Keith, Dan, and QBert will all be performing at May 28’s Soundset Festival in Minneapolis, presumably with more dates coming. Additionally, it has now been announced that Get On Down Records is releasing a Dr. Octagon box-set with five previously unreleased songs. The collector’s item ships in early May.

Ice Cube Announces 25th Anniversary Edition of Death Certificate With New Songs (Video)

According to a press release, the new goods include three songs recorded during the original Octagon sessions but never released on any other editions of the album: “Astro Embalming Fluid,” “Redeye,” and “I’ll Be There For You.” Additionally, the box features “Wild And Crazy” and “I’m Destructive,” both done by Dan The Automator in 2016.

“That album got me in tax trouble. But naw, it means a lot to give the fans what they been waiting for [after] so long. Some people were teenagers when [Dr. Octagonecologyst] dropped. Now, some of them are 40 and over,” Keith told Ambrosia For Heads in February. In a press statement, Keith further captured the spirit of Dr. Oct’: “Other groups might have needed to be on drugs to attempt a record like Dr. Octagon, but I was eating potato chips when we made it. Yoo-Hoos and donuts. It was one big spaceship and everyone was riding. Me and Automator were Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk.” In 2006, the MC independently made The Return Of Dr. Octagon. Dan, as well as ’90s featured guests QBert and Sir Menelik were not involved. Previously, Keith’s late ’90s “Dr. Dooom” persona killed the “Dr. Octagon” character.

The 3LP, 28-track collection sprawls beyond the original 19 cuts, as released on Dan’s Bulk Records LP (Dreamworks would later re-released the LP). The outer package of the set is housed in a custom-made octagonal box, with original front (artwork designed by Pushead) and back cover artwork. Inside, besides the three LPs (each housed in their own custom, octagon-shaped sleeve) there is a 40-page liner notes book, with dozens of images – from album artwork to promotional ads – as well as interviews with both Keith and Dan The Automator by author Brian Coleman.

Memory Lane: Noah Uman & Making Nas’ Illmatic XX & The Ultimate Hip-Hop Reissue

Previously, Get On Down has released special items, including Raekwon’s “purple tape” and purple vinyl reissues of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…, GZA’s Liquid Swords chess packaging reissue, and the CD and vinyl of CZARFACE’s first album.

-Jack Paine

Lou Cypher

The Tokin' White Guy
Jan 23, 2017
Alaska
ABW Bucks
$1,333,562
Jonwayne (formerly Stones Throw Records) dropped another fire ass Single. Havent heard the album yet but if its anything like his first i expect greatness.