Better Show?

• Total voters
Voted for breaking bad but I know that’s the underdog

We playin all four quarters till the clock expire
So till I see the ref wavin, I will not retire
My flow is still official, and I still got the fire
Can't take your eyes off me, like when you watch "The Wire"

giphy.gif

Y’all got rose tinted glasses on when it comes to the wire. It definitely was awesome but seasons 2 and 5 puts an asterisk next to it as best show of all time. Breaking bad imo never had a wack season.

I couldn't even get pass the first 3 boring ass episodes of breaking bad to get to all this good shit folks always talking about this show. Others have said the same.

So those rose colored glasses you talking about is a 2 way street.

Also season 2 of the wire ain't as bad as folks try to make the shit out to be and season 5 also served a huge purpose just like season 2 if folks looked deeper and past all the only wanting see black people on the corner shooting, dealing, etc.

I couldn't even get pass the first 3 boring ass episodes of breaking bad to get to all this good shit folks always talking about this show. Others have said the same.

So those rose colored glasses you talking about is a 2 way street.

Also season 2 of the wire ain't as bad as folks try to make the shit out to be and season 5 also served a huge purpose just like season 2 if folks looked deeper and past all the only wanting see black people on the corner shooting, dealing, etc.

All that matters, the corner boys and the cops. Fuck the docks and that wack ass newspaper storyline

Y’all got rose tinted glasses on when it comes to the wire. It definitely was awesome but seasons 2 and 5 puts an asterisk next to it as best show of all time. Breaking bad imo never had a wack season.

I agree w/ the bold.

But BB doesn't have a season(s) that even comes close to season 1, 3, & 4 of the Wire either.

it's amazing that all that matter sis corner boys and cops..

ppl could asl that mattered about breaking bad was walter and meth..

but there was still skylar and her punk ass sister that were much more intolerable than the dock storyline... which was actually quite dope.....,

and jesse, and all his punk ass drama... which i feel the newspaper storyline was better than..
like i get it the wire had some amazing highs, as did breaking bad,.. but the wires lows are much better than breaking bads lows....

That newspaper storyline was boring af to me I couldn’t get past it. And the shit with Jesse was still compelling af and added to the overall story

even though I picked Breaking Bad I think every season of the wire was great. I love that every season felt unique and different from the rest but still a crucial part of the overall narrative. A lesser show would have just told it from only the cops angle or the gang angle but the wire showed alot of parts of the game that are overlooked. I really respect the show for doing that

I don't understand how breaking bad is better than The wire, the Sopranos or GoT. But I don't understand a lot of things.

even though I picked Breaking Bad I think every season of the wire was great. I love that every season felt unique and different from the rest but still a crucial part of the overall narrative. A lesser show would have just told it from only the cops angle or the gang angle but the wire showed alot of parts of the game that are overlooked. I really respect the show for doing that

Exactly

Back