Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fellas, How do you balance working and fatherhood?

Man, my 13 yo had her cycle yesterday. Was one of the most nerve wrecking convos I had with her because she was super cool about it. I think her mom did a great job preparing her. I was stuttering and asking all the wrong questions but she lead the convo and assured me she good and that she understood what it meant. I don’t know if it’s her beach attitude; being born in hawaii, raised on south beach, living in Cali now, but she the most laid back child I’ve never known. She so me when I was high lol

Now I gotta do this 3 more times smh

If its one thing I love seeing it's black fatherhood. It was the exception when i was coming up, to have your pops around. I see that tide is turning.

Salute brothas
The generation of 80s babies suffered like a mf from lack of fathers. We're the ones insuring that our children won't have the excuse of not having a father around.

And I'm seeing this from some of the most ain't shit dudes I know. They'll steal and scam everyone they know. b
But at every practice and birthday party.

basically I lose sleep to do the things I want to do

Im up at 3:30 most mornings either working out or playing PS4 or even just chillin scrolling fb....thats my time tho.....nobody can interrupt

yeah im tired a lot of days but its worth having my time, plus it wont last forever

any of ya'll boys had to deal with your exes moving out of state and taking the child?

mine went back to TX....didnt see my first born for 7 months

this was years ago and I have her now but that shit still hurts

I think about it every time I look at her

mine went back to TX....didnt see my first born for 7 months

this was years ago and I have her now but that shit still hurts

I think about it every time I look at her
did she just up and leave or did you agree to it?

Man, my 13 yo had her cycle yesterday. Was one of the most nerve wrecking convos I had with her because she was super cool about it. I think her mom did a great job preparing her. I was stuttering and asking all the wrong questions but she lead the convo and assured me she good and that she understood what it meant. I don’t know if it’s her beach attitude; being born in hawaii, raised on south beach, living in Cali now, but she the most laid back child I’ve never known. She so me when I was high lol

Thank God I dont have a daughter while be a single father. Lol I wouldn't know what dafuck to do smh lol. I would have to call all my old hoes and homies wives for help.

when my daughter had her 1st period....she came and told me.....and my wife and i took her to shop for her products and wifey taught her what to do.
when then talked with her because she was crying because she thought i wouldnt love her anymore because shes no longer my little girl.
after i reassured her ....i took her to buy a lil purse to carry her stuff in style and we all went to dinner as a family and celebrated her arrival to womanhood.

Last edited:
I got myself a junior, he's 6. He was born a couple weeks after my first wedding anniversary. From the jump his mom was numero uno bc she was taking college courses online and I worked like crazy.

Fast forward to now and you rarely see us apart. Was just he and I for the better part of the last 2 years until his mom moved back near us.

He is my everything. All I do, day in and day out, is to make him a better individual than me. He's smart af, plays an instrument, wants to play sports, draws/paints most days and is interested in learning different languages.

Tbh this shit ain't easy at all. We have no family where we're at and babysitters have the audacity to charge like they have a master's degree in baby watching. My social life almost is non-existent. And I have to plan weeks in advance if I want some cuts-up.

But I'd be lying if it wasn't all worth it. To hear him yell, "DAD! it's you!!", when I pick him up like I didn't just see him earlier that day, gives me a feeling no drug or woman can.

So yeah, it sucks to be socially and often times emotionally unavailable to the public. But his growth and development mean more to me.

i suggest that all men with daughters do a few things.....

1. i call it 3d day. daddy and daughter day. while i know it is 3d's so its an extra day...it wasnt well thought out when i did it and just rode with it. anyway. on daddy daughter days...i used to let her stay home from school and we spend the day together. doing whatever. movie, lunch, chilling in the park...whatever. i used to look forward to it more than her. but its important to do it during school. it makes it more special and she has to deserve it.

2. Make her feel special.....i always sent her flowers to school on the random. and balloons on occasion. man,even a few teachers loved it. i always volunteered at her stuff too. the only dad at girl scouts. smdh. and when she had a play i would stand in the back and do all the dance moves so she would remember them and it made her and her friends smile.

3. have something special just for you two. I used to read her child bible stories every night until she was 8. no matter where i was in the world ...i would call and read them to her and we talk about it and pray together afterwards.

shit got me fucked up as i type this.....i miss those days.
you niggas better love your kids everyday and twice on weekends.
tomorrow is never promised and nothing is that bad.

i suggest that all men with daughters do a few things.....

1. i call it 3d day. daddy and daughter day. while i know it is 3d's so its an extra day...it wasnt well thought out when i did it and just rode with it. anyway. on daddy daughter days...i used to let her stay home from school and we spend the day together. doing whatever. movie, lunch, chilling in the park...whatever. i used to look forward to it more than her. but its important to do it during school. it makes it more special and she has to deserve it.

2. Make her feel special.....i always sent her flowers to school on the random. and balloons on occasion. man,even a few teachers loved it. i always volunteered at her stuff too. the only dad at girl scouts. smdh. and when she had a play i would stand in the back and do all the dance moves so she would remember them and it made her and her friends smile.

3. have something special just for you two. I used to read her child bible stories every night until she was 8. no matter where i was in the world ...i would call and read them to her and we talk about it and pray together afterwards.

shit got me fucked up as i type this.....i miss those days.
you niggas better love your kids everyday and twice on weekends.
tomorrow is never promised and nothing is that bad.

my daughter is too young to try this, but its dope

she's only allotted like 5 days a semester to miss or some strange shit

lol

damn, no lawyers or nothing?!?

smoove
Yes and no. Like I explained to her: nobody can raise my child to be a man better than me. And I meant that.

Eventually lawyers got involved when we finally filed for divorce but by that time I had enough documentation to prove he was with me over 80% of the time. It was nothing to ask to he named domiciliary. Even got rewarded child support. Granted she ain't never paid a cent bc truthfully speaking I don't want it.

But may the Lord be with me the day she decides to do some dumb shit. I'll have her ass locked up for failure to pay child support.

If its one thing I love seeing it's black fatherhood. It was the exception when i was coming up, to have your pops around. I see that tide is turning.

Salute brothas

Yeah I was always aware of that because I was the kid whose Dad was the neighborhood "Dad" to me and my brothers friends. Legit my friends call my father "Dad" and have for years. He did shit like took my childhood best friend to Father Daughter dances in high school, gave her away at her wedding, adopted his best friends daughter after he passed away and raised her as his own. Showing how to tie ties, prep for job interviews, driving lessons etc...I was lucky as fuck to have my dad growing up and I could tell that's why so many of me and my siblings friends gravitated towards our house so often.

Man props to y'all single fathers forreal, this shit is tough and I got a great wife helping me out. I couldn't imagine doing it solo

I got 2 girls, Lord help me

I'm just there for them though. I noticed early on with my first one how she acted differently when I wasn't around as much because of work. So I made it so that I worked early mornings and having the after school time available, and putting them in the bed every night.

And making sure I show plenty of love.

Last edited:
I got 2 boys 6 & 3. So 1 in school lil 1 stay home.

Im home mon-fri with the kids. Work 40hrs on the weekend.

So i dont have weekends w/ them but basically a stay at home dad during the week.

Baby girl on the way this summer tho.

Not ready for that

Back