Welcome To aBlackWeb

Favorite/Best Horror Movies

bootcheese3000

Residential Hero of the Black Weirdos
Since I noticed that nobody has mentioned anything about Horror Movies and it's October, I decided to cre8 this Thread to gauge everybody's Opinion on this Genre while it's still Oct. I haven't been on here in a few Months (had to take a much-needed break from Social Media), so I figured this was an appropriate contribution.

So, what is your favorite Horror Movies? Suspense/Thrillers (Alfred Hitchcock, David Lynch, Dario Argento) Movies also apply here.

Everyone has probably already seen all the classics so i'll drop a few lesser known horror movies that I think are really dope

It Follows
The Others
The Descent
REC

The babadook.

Not your typical but the realness of that shit always hit different with me. That could happen to anyone. And that's the real "horror" of the film.

The Shining & Vampire in Brooklyn

I was thinking of "A Vampire In Brooklyn" the other Day. I might have to peep that again. John Witherspoon had me in stitches in that flick.

"He tried to drink my Blood like it was a 40 oz!" :lol10:

Everyone has probably already seen all the classics so i'll drop a few lesser known horror movies that I think are really dope

It Follows
The Others
The Descent
REC

Except for "The Descent", I never heard of these other ones. Might have to check them out. Thanks for this.

The babadook.

Not your typical but the realness of that shit always hit different with me. That could happen to anyone. And that's the real "horror" of the film.

I've heard of this as well, but never seen it. Another jawnt I gotta look at soon. Many Thanks.

Ok, I'm going to drop a few of my own choices starting with the NEW Unholy Trinity of Horror Movies (as opposed to the OGs--Halloween, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare On Elm St):

SAW
Underworld
Resident Evil

a few lesser-known Horror Flicks that I like:

Contracted & Contracted: Phase 2 (Zombie-genre Horror Movie, but with an interesting twist on how People catch it)
V/H/S Trilogy (DOPE series with each Movie containing Vignettes)
Martyrs (I watch the original Quebec version instead of the U.S. version. Hollywood tends to water down shit due to the MPAA rating system, but a crazy Revenge-flick-turned-horribly-wrong with a surprise twist at the end that you'll never see coming)
Haute Tension (Gory French Slasher flick)
Kill List (more of a Suspense/Thriller, but with a surprise ending, that was filmed in the UK. For fans of Hitchcock/Lynch-style Suspense.)

Been meaning to revisit Misery

tumblr_mb9al7otxv1qgcra2o1_500.gif
:yikes1:

Just saw the remake of "Last House On The Left" last Night, along with the OG Version and the unofficial remake, "Chaos", which is much worse than the original.
Wes Craven was a MASTER of Horror. How he managed to fuck up with that "Scream"/"I Know What You Did Last Summer" bullshit is beyond me, but then again the 90s was the DEATH of Horror Movies. They killed Freddy and Jason, if you recall. After that, shit got boring and lamer than a 3-legged Donkey. The only Horror Movie in the 90s worth watching or mentioning was "From Dusk Til Dawn", everything else was weaksauce.

I've yet to see this movie. Heard it's more if psychological thrillerr movie than a traditional horror movie with blood and gore

Yes. Definitely doesn't try to hang its hat on blood and gore. But imo is still a horror film. Just of a different kind.

Watch it with an open mind.

Back