Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION (Fair or Foul) LBJ lets his 11 and 14 yr old kids drink wine

Pachá12

Wave Intentions
Lakers' LeBron James explains why he lets his sons, ages 14 and 11, drink wine with him

LeBron James' kids have gotten a taste of his stardom simply by hanging around the NBA icon over the years.

They've apparently also gotten a taste of his wine.

Asked this week in advance of his Los Angeles Lakers debut what kind of pop culture he's picked up from younger teammates, LeBron told reporters that his two oldest sons -- LeBron Jr. and Bryce -- are into pretty much the same kinds of things, so he gets a sneak peek at the next generation from home.

"Everything that they (his teammates) listen to these days, my 14-year-old and my 11-year-old, they watch, too," James told USA Today's Josh Peter.

In an apparent effort to prove his sons are up to date with his young Lakers teammates, James revealed a little secret about the boys' drinking habits in the process.

"I got very mature 14- and 11-year-olds," he said. "My 14- and 11-year-olds drink wine. That's how mature they are."

(Pause for a second and imagine the James household. Is it really surprising to think that LeBron and his crew of future ballers might occasionally sit around a marble fireplace in their Los Angeles mansion and toast with a glass of red? We didn't think so.)

"They'll be driving next week, too," James joked.

When asked what kind of wine the kids drink, LeBron left reporters guessing before taking the blame for any criticism that might come his way.

"Whatever dad's and mom's having," he said. "Put it on me, though. Don't put it on moms. Put it on dad. Put it on dad."

M.A.D.D. is already at his neck for this.

My only issue is that he was talking too much. Had nothing to do with basketball and why open yourself up to the criticism that you'll surely get. Attention whore.

thing is....you have to understand your own and can judge your own.
maturity of a child can speak volumes of the parent.

wine is not the problem.....the responsibility when drinking it is.

they drink these type drinks in other cultures. but they do it with responsibility.

and no one is clear on the volume....
half a glass
.5 liters.

our own image of what drinking wine is is what people are basing this on,.

do you drink to get drunk?
do you drink for the taste?

I've been saying this since the IC, but in nearly every state it's 100% legal for a parent to allow their child to drink beer and wine inside the home as long as they're present.

wine has many health benefits...niggas only know the names in songs anyway.....

ole fade lush niggas

who want smoke?

I have some fam from Spain and this shit is normal af over there. Between my French fam and my Spanish fam I can honestly say 11 is not early at all. I had fam drink their first glasses of wine much earlier

Meh my parents knew when they broke out the rum and coke I needed my cup. This ain't shit.

Reactions: 1/2
Back