Welcome To aBlackWeb

Führer Trump’s Impeachment Inquiry Thread. Update: The Senate completes the coverup

WH Aides Worry Trump Will Be Too Distracted To Get Anything Else Done This Year

President Trump is bound to be distracted by the House’s launch of an impeachment inquiry for at least the next couple weeks. But White House aides are holding their breath hoping the latest mania won’t linger long in Trump’s mind.

According to a new Politico report, White House aides are privately concerned that Democrats’ unified impeachment investigation front will significantly damage not only Trump’s concentration for the rest of the year, but also his ability to negotiate with world leaders and make progress on his legislative agenda ahead of 2020.

While concerned about impeachment ramifications, people close to Trump are also not privately willing to defend the mercurial president’s actions that have led up to this point– the phone call with the Ukrainian president in which he reportedly asked several times for the country to look into former Vice President Joe Biden and his family’s business dealings in Ukraine.

According to Politico, the White House has publicly painted the latest revelations as just an other Democratic ploy to undermine and attack Trump, but privately officials are crossing their fingers that this too shall pass– just like the President’s growing list of political blunders.

Giuliani Says Transcript Of Phone Call Between Trump And Ukraine Was Read To Him

President Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani admitted during an interview with “Fox and Friends” that he was read the transcript of the phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky.

Giuliani seemed to casually admit he knew about the contents of the call — which is not only at the center of Democrats’ new impeachment inquiry, but also a whistleblower complaint that’s ignited a battle between Congress and the White House — and proceeded to ignore the co-hosts’ requests to clarify. Co-host Brian Kilmeade eventually interrupted Giuliani long enough to ask if he’d actually read the transcript.

“Let’s say it was read to me,” Giuliani said.

“The whole thing?” Kilmeade asked.

“I hope so. … If the President hadn’t discussed the subjects he discussed with the president of the Ukraine he would be a president like Obama who closed his eyes to corruption,” he said, before hinting that it may have been the president of Ukraine who started talking about former Vice President Joe Biden before Trump did.

“Maybe he didn’t bring it up. It could be possible the president of the Ukraine brought it up,” Giuliani said while laughing. “Fox and Friends” co-host Ainsley Earhardt quickly changed the subject to ask what Democrats will likely be upset about in the call.

Giuliani later appeared to allude that he was read the transcript by a “Ukrainian” and that he couldn’t get the information from the U.S. government– “It was classified.” He then parroted a line from President Trump, describing the call as “totally appropriate” and said military aid wasn’t even mentioned in the call.

“Here is the truth. He never mentioned $250 million. He never mentioned military aid. He didn’t tell them there was a condition for him getting anything,” Giuliani said. “He didn’t tell him he had to investigate, he didn’t tell him like Biden did, ‘you have to get rid of the prosecutor or you don’t get your $1.2 billion in six hours.’ If you compare the two conversations, you’d say one seems perfectly appropriate and the other seems — and I’m not saying it is because he’s presumed innocent — seems like extortion and bribery much more clear than probably 10 that I prosecuted where I put people in jail for 20 years.”

Trump said on Tuesday he would release the transcript of the call this week, just hours before Democrats officially announced their launch of an impeachment inquiry, centered on the call and reports that the President withheld nearly $400 million in military aid from Ukraine in order to pressure Ukraine into investigation Biden and his son Hunter Biden. The Washington Post reported Monday evening that just one week before the call with Ukraine, Trump directed the delay of the hundreds of millions of dollars in aid. The President told reporters on Tuesday that he did that because he wanted other countries to contribute to Ukraine’s defense and denied it was part of a pressure campaign to get the new president to probe his political rival.

Trump Admin Prepares Redacted Version Of Whistleblower Complaint For Congress

The Trump administration is preparing to release a redacted version of the DNI whistleblower complaint to Congress to quash the growing calls for President Donald Trump’s impeachment, and to assuage lawmakers angry at the blatant disregard for oversight law.

According to the New York Times, Trump called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Tuesday to convince her that he personally wasn’t responsible for blocking the DNI whistleblower’s complaint from Congress in the first place.

He reportedly thinks that the optics of the administration blocking the information from Congress are ultimately worse for him than the content of those documents. In the same vein, they plan to release an “unclassified and unredacted” transcript of the late July call he had with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Wednesday.

However, according to Reuters, the transcript of the call is unlikely to be verbatim and will not be accompanied by a recording. Instead, the ultimate document will more likely be notes on the phone call taken by officers on assignment at the National Security Council. Those note-takers are reportedly unlikely to include details that would be embarrassing for their nation’s leader, should the document leak.

The whistleblower complaint, meanwhile, was blocked from Congress by acting DNI Joseph Maguire in consultation with the Department of Justice, who deemed the complaint not sufficiently meeting the threshold of “urgent concern” the Intelligence Community Inspector General said that it did. The contents of the complaint are still foggy, but center on Trump and Ukraine. It is unclear how much will be redacted from the complaint, which extends beyond the July 25 call.

As Bad As It Gets: Trump Ukraine Call Records Are Explosive

President Trump told the Ukrainian president to work with Attorney General Bill Barr on investigating debunked allegations around his political opponent Joe Biden, according to a White House record of a July 25 phone call between the two leaders.

The five-page record of the call has been at the center of a political firestorm over Trump’s – and his attorney Rudy Giuliani’s – efforts to pressure Ukraine into manufacturing political dirt on Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden. The call – with Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelensky – is reportedly the subject of a complaint filed by an anonymous whistleblower from the intelligence community, which the Trump administration has withheld from Congress.

The White House’s version of the call appears to contain notes that constitute a “memorandum” of the telephone conversation between the two leaders.

Trump referenced “Rudy,” the memorandum shows, and asks Zelensky to “speak with him.”

Trump also references “a lot of talk about Biden’s son.” He goes on to tell Zelensky, the memorandum says, that “Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that.”

Trump goes on to say that “whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.”

Zelensky replied that the chief prosecutor he then intended to appoint would be “100% my person.” The Ukrainian president added: “He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue.”

“I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it,” Trump later told Zelensky, according to the record.

Trump: Media Built It Up To Be ‘Call From Hell,’ But Actually Proved How ‘Nice’ I Am

President Donald Trump responded to a question about the White House memo of his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Wednesday, saying it was built up to be the “call from hell.”

“There was no pressure, the way you had that built up, that call, it was going to be the call from hell,” he said to assembled reporters. “It turned out to be a nothing call other than a lot of people said, ‘I never knew you could be so nice.'”

The brief memo of the 30-minute call, which the White House released Wednesday, captures Trump pushing Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son after reminding the Ukrainian leader about the help the U.S. has given him, a reference to foreign aid.

This will come down to, what he said and what he acts on are separate. He said some “concerning” things but didn’t “act on them”, and we are back to played out hashtags and tweets. I could see this from a mile away. I’d actually be surprised if he were to be impeached over this. He openly did this on stage during the election w Russia, nothing happened. The GOP doesn’t care at all.

Back