Welcome To aBlackWeb

Explain how you picked your favorite sports teams

My condolences

middle-finger-flip-the-bird.gif

I’m a giants fan born and raised in Cincinnati. Growing up in the 90s I never had a favorite team I just like certain players. Bengals were trash when I started paying attention to football and I didn’t know they had real fans until we moved to the suburbs.

When 98 99 came and the giants upgraded their uniforms I thought they were dope so I started gravitating towards them using them on madden. They were a nice balanced team.

Just got into baseball because of my best friend to where I pay attention and follow the game now. I like the Mets because of Lindor.

Saw a young Kobe along with liking the purple and gold colorway. TO crying after he caught that TD pass against GB in the playoffs solidified me liking the Niners ever since. Bonds looking like the gawd on the SF Giants made me a fan.

Lakers because I grew up watching games due to my dad and my uncle being fanatics.

Vikings, just because they were Lakers colors.

Ducks, they’re local and I’ve been to a few games as a kid.

Angels, family team and we went often

I’m from Maryland originally. My parents are Redskins/Commanders fans so I didn’t have a chance especially since they were together back when they were winning Super Bowls. That turned to me reppin all the DC teams.

Cowboys is my team cuz that's my mom's team. She from Florida and followed all their college football teams and when Emmett Smith went to the cowboys, that was her team. I've cared less and less about football over the years but i still claim em. Fuck Jerry Jones tho.

LV Aces. My original wnba team was the Monarchs but the franchise folded. Aces drafted A'ja Wilson and that was my team ever since.

UCONN women's basketball. Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird. All I need to say. I was a lil girl that played basketball and that team was the first time I saw excellence in female sports. Theyre the reason I started watchin sports on TV.

Yankees. Not really a baseball person but they were always on TV in the 90s/2000s cuz they were winning and Derek Jeter was fine af so I chose up.

I’m from New Orleans so Saints and Pelicans it is

LSU wasn’t far from the city but I also root for Tulane since it’s in the city.

I like the Braves and Rangers (been to over 70 rangers games since 2011)

I'm from NY and my dad is from the Bronx so naturally he is a Yankees and Knicks fan. My brothers are Giants fans and I learned a lot about football because of them. Got into hockey after the Rangers won the SC in 94, and playing NHL 97 for Sega.

So it goes Giants, Knicks, Yankees, Rangers and occasionally the Mets if the Yankees ain't doing nothing. I will never pull for the Jets.

Last edited:
I used to run with the Giants in Madden heavy with Tiki Barber and Shockey and it stuck.

Kobe's the goat, but it's fuck the lakers until Lebron leaves :js4:

Lowkey I’m still feel some type of way about LeBron going to LA. Like why he want to be part of Kobe legacy lol

Well I liked Tampa Bay because they had a black coach and they were under dogs but they won the Super Bowl in 2002. I rolled with the Kings because I hated the Lakers.

Funny enough in high school I was a Steelers fan bcuz of Jerome Bettis. Chubby nigga playing running back... As a chubby kid the shit was a no brainer. But when we got a home team in the same division, I just moved to the Ravens.

Lakers- I was born in Los Angeles area, Kobe is the 🐐 .

Raiders- since they went to the superbowl early 2000's. Despite the current lean times, I'm still a raiders fan and always will be.

Arizona state: I follow their athletics program. I went to the school, best school in the country imo. We need an AD, can your school's AD move to Tempe and be ours? Notwithstanding , I follow their football and basketball teams. I been to a couple football games and a basketball game (s/o University of Minnesota students who pulled up and cheered in our student section as we gave central Connecticut state that work). Football team is shit right now, but I am hopeful a new conference can yield better results.

Soccer (Futbol): Being Peruvian 🇵🇪 carajo, I follow the national because my late dad did and I know he is happy when I turn up every time we score a goal. The local league, Alianza Lima because that was my dad's favorite team since his childhood, which is now one of my favorites. Not the best stadium area mind you, but when the team plays, we are all locked in and turn up... and we do indeed turn up. Bar none, one of my favorite memories with my dad as he showed me a beautiful game I didn't realized how much I needed in my life.
Manchester City: very successful English club. We just won the champions league, the premier league. Been following them since late 2010 last semesters in college. Very nearly a Newcastle United fan, but City is my team in the premier. #ctid

Being from Newark and New York not too far away. It’s been the local teams. My pops got me into the Giants. My grandma got me into the Mets during their run to the World Series in 86. Always been a Devils fan, through the good and bad times. The only out of town team I root for is the Spurs. Been a fan since David Robinson.

Back