Welcome To aBlackWeb

Explain how you picked your favorite sports teams

Didn’t know shit about basketball and when I was getting into it, I watched some Heat games because of shaq and I already knew him

Used the saints in madden because I liked running with Aaron brooks so when I started watching games I had an affinity already for the saints then the gawds Drew Brees and Reggie bush drew me in

Best SG in NBA history played for Marquette

I went White Sox over Cubs since the White Sox was the first of the two that I saw. Another reason was growing up the Sox played evening/night games so I was in the house while the Cubs played day games while I was in school or in the summer I was outside.

Bulls and Bears they're my city teams so I ride with them, good or bad. Pretty much if your a Chicago team then you're my team unless you're the bum Cubs

Wilmington, Delaware is my hometown.

It's 30 miles from Philly, and is the local sports market.

Grew up on Randall, the tail end of Dr. J, Barkley's ascension, Ron Hexstall, Kruk and the Wild Thing, A.I., and McNabb.

Here we are.

Everyone in my family are NY Mets fans and they even had me in a Mets jerseys when I was a baby…Thankfully my grand-dad was a Yankee fan and he took me to my first baseball game which was a Yankee game when I was 6. Been a Yankee fan ever since.

I was always a Jordan guy but more importantly I hated the Knicks. Soon after Jordan retired, Stephon Marbury got traded to the Nets. I wasnt gonna cheer for the Knicks and I liked Marbury. But I was a Jason Kidd fan so when he got traded to the Nets that solidified my fandom.

Last edited:
I’m from Houston so I root for all Houston teams. Only team I’m a fan of not in Houston is the University of Texas which is in Austin.

Started watching UT cause I was a fan of Ricky Williams

From Tha D, so our teams are who we root for. Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and even them weird ass teams like the Detroit Drive (arena football) and Detroit Turbos (professional Lacrosse).

Was a day 1 raptors fan. I was 10. Major sports in general just starting to boom in the city so it was easy to latch on to especially since I was already playing in a youth league at the ymca. I could identify with the players and immerse myself in basketball culture.

We locked in. 🔒

I root for the local teams. I never seen any Nets fans around and they play in my state so it made sense. The Jets because they were fun to watch that year.

Back