Welcome To aBlackWeb

Explain how you picked your favorite sports teams

I’m from Maryland originally. My parents are Redskins/Commanders fans so I didn’t have a chance especially since they were together back when they were winning Super Bowls. That turned to me reppin all the DC teams.
My condolences.

I respect this thread. Most of us are loyal to our soil.

No one's in here with some goofy shit like, "I'm in Carolina, but I'm a Cowboys fan" kinda shit like that.

Basketball & Baseball

My mom liked the Knicks, and I started to like them. Then I just started liking Florida teams like The Heat and Magics. Baseball I like the Yankees like my mom and im hear in NJ, never been a Mets fan

Football
Around friends, most liked the Cowboys, and I liked the Blue star like the Magics. A

Cowboys because of my dad
Yankees because of my grandad
Bulls because of MJ the shoes and I liked Scottie almost as much.
UNC BB also MJ

Granddad was an Iceman fan, so I followed the Spurs

Didn't get into the NFL til I moved from NY. Most the friends I had then were Cowboys fans so............ :js4:

Didn't start watching college sports til I was 13. started following Kentucky BB cuz of Tubby Smith and VT football cuz of Mike Vick.

Bulls...been a fan since 87' ever since I got my 1st Jordan poster. Even despite not being able to watch their games. But as soon as we got cable and WGN popped up on my tv...it was a wrap.

Ravens...ever since the move and that defense 1st put the league on notice.

S.Carolina Gamecocks...that shyt just came natural where I lived.

I'm a Cowboys fan because of my older cousin and my momma. There's no pro teams in the sip where my moms fam is from.

I'm a Lakers fan because of Kobe when I seen him in the McDonald's all star game I became a fan and where ever he went was gonna be my team.

I'm a Mets fan because I didn't have a team after Griffey retired. Someone bought me a jersey and hat and I just started rooting for them.

Grew up in Chicago watching MJ.

From there moved on to Kobe, then Bron. Ive caught flack for that over the years but I'm basically a homeless fan til we get a pro hoop team back in Chicago.

Back