Welcome To aBlackWeb

Experiences with Racism

First time I had to be like 7 or 8...My aunt took us out for Halloween. We're walking towards this house and we see them giving out candy. When we get to the door, they turn the lights off and dont answer the door. Another group of kids approach the house as we're leaving and they open the door. My aunt notices what's going on and starts going off...Hurling out curses left and right..They was only giving out candy to the white kids.

First time I had to be like 7 or 8...My aunt took us out for Halloween. We're walking towards this house and we see them giving out candy. When we get to the door, they turn the lights off and dont answer the door. Another group of kids approach the house as we're leaving and they open the door. My aunt notices what's going on and starts going off...Hurling out curses left and right..They was only giving out candy to the white kids.

How did she go about explaining it to yall

How did she go about explaining it to yall
She made everything clear when she was cursing them out, saying these prejudice mofos don't like Black people. It was self-explanatory.... I got it when I saw who they were handing out candy to at the door and looking at the other group of kids that were there before us walking to the next house. A little mob formed around that house, people that got the same treatment as we did started to come together. I think they called the cops.

real ass aunt you got. ik my auntie(s) would do the same shit

Thankfully, nothing overtly racist in real life. The worst is occasionally getting followed around stores, mainly by asians.

I get shit like "You speak so well" all the time, though. I just just smile and nod.

My first time I was consciously aware of it was when I was in 8th grade with my cd player and my uniform walking to my grandmothers apt. This white lady was walking the opposite end of the block and going towards me. I'm bumping paying no type of mind and then I noticed she crossed the street. I'm like did she just...nah couldn't be I'm like I didn't do a damn thing and didn't want jack shit to do with her. I turn around just to see and yup, she crossed back over.
:smh:Just thinking to myself wow they really do that

Back