Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ever Feel Like U Have To Change The Way U Move Because You’re Black?

Allah_U_Akbar

Like alter your appearance or speech pattern to make white folks feel comfortable?

Like, in a parking garage, if a white woman has her back turned and is unaware of my presence and I’m walking to my car, I might make some type of noise to get her attention before I get near her...

That way I don’t scare the shit outta her if she turns around and sees a tall black man headed in her direction.

Or maybe change your behavior for self preservation.

Like once I could tell these cops were following me but they were a block away on the passenger side.

Everytime I got to an intersection, I look to my right and I would see them.

I got to my house and just stayed in my car because I knew they’d be circling around to see where I was.

Sure enough here they come.

I stay in my car because I don’t wanna have to deal with their bullshit.

I thought if I just stayed in my car, they would just drive past.

Wrong.

These motherfuckers wanted to know what I was doing.

Questioning me about why I’m just sitting in my car.

Ain’t that a bitch???

The fact that I park in front of my own house, but I stay in my car because I don’t wanna deal with cops is all the way fucked up.

You ever have to change your behavior/daily routine because of the color of your skin?

Never

What do i look like dogging Koonye and Terry Crews then doing the same thing they do?

White people's comfort is not my concern

Never

What do i look like dogging Koonye and Terry Crews then doing the same thing they do?

White people's comfort is not my concern
I remember I started using a different route to my job because my old route always had cops patrolling the boulevard and I didn’t wanna get stopped.

It ain’t all about cooning....

I’m also talking about changing up your style in the name of self-preservation.

Do I ever FEEL like that? Yes. Of course. This country makes it damn near impossible for you to not inherently feel that way.

Am I aware of it, and thus, am I able to consciously say to the world ‘Dawg, this is me. Love me or leave me alone. If you love me, I love you back. If you don’t...suck my dick!!’? Also yes.

Unfortunately, yes, but with every other race. I feel like I always have to represent, because so many people seem to think black people all around the world act the way the media portrays us. I feel like if I do something negative, the next black person they encounter will have to pay for it in some kind of way.

Like, in a parking garage, if a white woman has her back turned and is unaware of my presence and I’m walking to my car, I might make some type of noise to get her attention before I get near her...

I do this same shit, smh. I usually cough or kick a rock or something. I do it with women in general, though, mostly with older women. God forbid one of this old broads croak on account of them not hearing me coming, god damn nightmare fuel, man.

Not really. I actually don't think white people want that as much as a lot of black people think. In my experience, some of the most stereotypically black people I've known were the quickest to be accepted by white people.

I don’t buy Backwoods when tha police is behind me at tha store.....1 time tha cashier who knows what I come in for tried to give me some wit a cop in line behind me...I was like

:word??: “Ma’am...I just need some Tums.”

As far as anything else.....nah

I routinely ran various meetings in my 20’s as a Line Leader wearing my grill and braids wit damn near tattoo sleeved arms...

Now, almost 20 years later, tha grill and braids are gone but there’s more tatts and about 5 “free formed locks” they dealing wit....fact still remains

Either you know and accept that I’m smart and good at my job or you can let your preconceived notions about my “appearance” let an asset to your company go...tha choice is yours cuz there’s really no other way I know how to be than myself...it’s that easy

Last edited:
I mean we live in AMERIKKKA and those cops and white people are some insecure bitches. You could be minding your business and they would think you're suspicious or a cop would follow you because of having tinted windows or even having a nice car like you didn't deserve it to think you did some illegal shit to get it. But, I'm not gonna change how I move because they scared of me when I ain't even doing shit to make them fear me. Also, these white cops shouldn't be doing that job being a bitch to always think a black man is threat.

Last edited:
Back