ESPN: The Last Dance ('98 Bulls Doc)

no one is debating if someone remembers watching an event, but the joke, which i thought was clear as day was people trying to remember the shit in great detail.

thats like someone our age saying they remember all 72 games the bulls won that season. You watched a few, yeah, but you weren't immersed in it like you are now is the point Beta been getting at the last few pages.
I was, watched all 72 wins and all 10 losses and was into every playoff game.

First basketball memory I have is watching the 95 finals and when I say memory i mean watching it then celebrating with my family but I was only 7. Im not even about to fake like I knew starting lineups and shit

Also I’m probably late to this too but I just found out yesterday that Ahmad Rashad played in the NFL lmao.

According to four-time NBA champion and French national team legend Tony Parker, watching the “Dream Team” delivering such a show and having them play in Europe was a huge inspiration. Not only to him but also to fellow European basketball greats and former NBA champs Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki

It had a huge impact in Europe. If you see interviews that I did or Dirk [Nowitzki] or Pau Gasol, we all were affected by the Dream Team,” Parker said while interviewed by ESPN’s Marc J. Spears in the Roundball Rap. “Manu Ginobili. We all talk about it. That was the point that we where ‘wow basketball is cool’ and ‘I want to go to the NBA’. That was the first time I saw them in real life, because before it was the tapes.”

Fuck outta here with those polls, O.G.

We’ve been down that road on at least two occasions.

I seen you play the okie doke already where you said “The Big Fella is tops” on the IC, only to switch that shit up later on ABW for these new niggs that started watching the NBA in 1992.

Debate? Poll? Nah, fam. You and I both know that fight is fixed.
giphy.gif

Find another sucker. Not I.

Last edited:
  • Wack
  • Ether
Reactions: O.G. and Maywood

This, too. And I barely said anything, and this was the 2nd “Kareem vs Mike” thread made on the IC. I made the first, but the IC archive doesn’t go back that far.

Point: you can do your poll. That shit is biased as fuck, cause 70-80% of the ABW population never saw Cap play, and grew up on Michael.

But the argument is there. You yourself admitted it.

I’ll leave this here....
Kid, My posts in that thread
1 Bodied you
2 Explained why I no longer felt KAJ was the goat. Matter of fact I said this in the very first thread about this.

IMO Kareem had the better career bcuz you have to include his dominance in high school and college. He was the main focus in three different dynasties. ( Power Memorial Academy,UCLA, Lakers) Jordan was the better player bcuz he impacted his team more. If MJ had a good game the Bulls usually won. It's that simple. His heart, work ethic and clutch performances is on some level 10 shit. He worked his ass off to get to that level of dominance. Kareem was able to dominate bcuz of his size mostly. Especially in high school and college. Not that it is a knock against him. While MJ was just more talented and skilled than his competition.

5 seconds on the clock. Are you gonna pass to Kareem or are you gonna let MJ take the shot?
Houston Mitchell of The Los Angeles Times researched the number of game-winning shots that Jordan had made in his NBA career. Mitchell discovered that Jordan had made 22 game-winners, and add three more from '97-98 -- culminating with his championship-winner in Game 6 of the Finals -- for a total of 25. Twenty-four were in the last 10 seconds of games (one was with 22 seconds left) and eight were at the buzzer. And those are only the NBA game-winning shots -- the list does not include Jordan's 16-foot jumper with 15 seconds left in North Carolina's 63-62 victory over Georgetown in the 1982 NCAA championship game.

Also not included is his games with the Wizards. And also fuck him for that shot against Georgetown.

MJ is the goat player.

So if you ain't gonna debate why even bring it back up? Did you even read the thread? You brought nothing to the debate.

Also we can debate without a poll.

Kareem dominated the 70's, which is widely considered the weakest era in NBA history.
:cont: