Welcome To aBlackWeb

Coming Soon Eminem - The Death of Slim Shady (Coup De Grâce, Summer 2024)

Rate Eminem's New "Houdini" Single

• Dope

• Mid

• Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Em hasn't rapped like "Slim Shady" since The Eminem Show and few times on Encore.

I always said Em hasn't rapped the same since Proof died.

He reverted back to his style of rap on Infinite.

On Infinite he showed he can put words together really well, but he had no identity.

He discovered himself as an artist on the Slim Shady EP.

Two different rappers:

Great rapping, no personality

Great rapping with personality:

The Marshall Mathers LP
The Eminem Show
The Slim Shady LP
Encore

Wasn't really a fan of the others besides maybe a song here or there from the others

Yeah, it's time to wrap up the Slim Shady character. It been out of date since 2005, but he ran out of shit to talk about not related to his kids, Detroit and being white trash. Time for Em to actually use his pen now.
Em in his prime was at his best when he's either beefin' w/somebody or going through shit with his baby mama, struggling with addiction, not feeling respected by hip-hop peers/publications, etc.,

I can't get mad at man trying to get sober and find some peace of mind.

Just my opinion alone... Em's worst shit is still better than most current rap artist best material.

I’m sorry, but…

I ain’t NEVER been a fan of this dude.

Never bought any of his albums.

Would never bump any of his music in my house or car.

Never thought he was the greatest to ever do it.

He can go.

We’ll be alright.

P blatantly bit everything in hiphop to be master p
I'm from Oakland, we are well versed on Ps biting. We used to hate that weak nigga..

He bit, I'll say borrowed the independent label blueprint from e40 and too short

He openly bit "Ice Cream man" from my folks the Luniz

He bit the word "thug" from Pac as far branding it

He bit song concepts like "I miss my homies" "Heaven for a gangsta" from pac

He wore a bandana like Pac

He bit the fake retirement angle from Short for The Last Don

He bit Lil Romeo from JD/Bow Wow. Romeo never wanted to be a rapper

He bit the song "hootie who" from outkast

He bit "whodie" from Cash Money even though he's from New Orleans he never said that before they came out

He also made a movie called hot boyz

And there was so much more

Em hasn't rapped like "Slim Shady" since The Eminem Show and few times on Encore.

On Infinite he showed he can put words together really well, but he had no identity.

Two different rappers:

He was Slim Shady on his comeback album Relaspe, where he killed Britney Spears.

In all seriousness M&M hasn’t existed in MY hip-hop world since a brief 2-3 week period in ‘99…I mean I know he can “rap” buuuut nah…dude ain’t for me 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit: ANNNNND he didn’t get Jay on Renegade…F all tha way OH wit’ THAT lol

In all seriousness M&M hasn’t existed in MY hip-hop world since a brief 2-3 week period in ‘99…I mean I know he can “rap” buuuut nah…dude ain’t for me 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit: ANNNNND he didn’t get Jay on Renegade…F all tha way OH wit’ THAT lol
I probably stopped checking for him after the Eminem show, but nah, he got Jay (and Royce, cuz that was originally his song). That renegade verse was immaculate, best 16 of his career

Two different rappers:

This reads like a Shadyteam post. Relapse was a Slim Shady album, MMLP2 was Em and Shady converging, and both MTBMBs were like Slim Shady mini movies. Infinite, Recovery and Revival (eww) were his only non Shady albums.

Back