Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By

Rate "Music To Be Murdered By"

• Total voters
One thing I will say, niggas will say Eminem’s music never matured and use that a knock against him. Fair enough

But neither did redman’s and people give him infinite love. Redmans last...I dunno, 4 albums have been questionable & no one says shit.

Why is this?

One thing I will say, niggas will say Eminem’s music never matured and use that a knock against him. Fair enough

But neither did redman’s and people give him infinite love. Redmans last...I dunno, 4 albums have been questionable & no one says shit.

Why is this?

Which Redman albums you talking about?

Which Redman albums you talking about?

I literally just said his last 4 albums.

Malpractice (2001)
Red Gone Wild: Thee Album (2007)
Reggie (2010)
Mudface (2015)

None of these shits is SUPER dope like that. Plus, dude’s content has remained relatively the same his entire career. There was never a growth period. Even his new ep is more of the same antics that he’s KNOWN for.

no one bats an eye or says shit.

Malpractice (2001)
Reggie (2010)
Mudface (2015)

None of these shits is SUPER dope like that. Plus, dude’s content has remained relatively the same his entire career. There was never a growth period. Even his new ep is more of the same antics that he’s KNOWN for.

DMX been growling since 97.

Jay Z been this all knowing rich ex drug dealer since 96.

Jeezy been selling bricks since 2004

Big Boi been a player since 1993-1994

Why is Em the only person who has to change their image?

Ppl like 1 dimensional artists as much as ppl think they don't.

Too much variation confuses the masses and makes shit a hard sale.

If you're known as the guy who puts guacamole on his forehead then you better have some Guacamole on your forehead,forever.

Malpractice (2001)
Reggie (2010)
Mudface (2015)

Calm down, you said "I dunno, 4 albums" so I didn't know if that was the exact number. It matters because his albums are spread out. Your question is weird to me.

You're asking why irrelevant people who haven't dropped a good album in 22 years (according to you) aren't discussed as much as Eminem? You think I'm staying quiet about Redman because I want to give him a pass. But I'm staying quiet on Redman because I never hear his music, and never listened to him much in the first place.

Calm down, you said "I dunno, 4 albums" so I didn't know if that was the exact number. It matters because his albums are spread out. Your question is weird to me.

You're asking why irrelevant people who haven't dropped a good album in 22 years (according to you) aren't discussed as much as Eminem? You think I'm staying quiet about Redman because I want to give him a pass. But I'm staying quiet on Redman because I never hear his music, and never listened to him much in the first place.
And if you never listened to Red ,I can't take your opinion on Em that serious.

You're just not a fan of animated rappers overall.

No. That wasn’t my question at all. I didn’t say anything about relevance or ask why certain rappers aren’t discussed.

I believe it was you earlier who said something about Eminem and his music maturing. You even made up 2 lil metaphors.

I hear what you're saying and largely agree. I changed, he didn't. So on the intro he shouldn't compare himself to jay z, who's evolved. Em fell off because his fans grew up and he didn't.

The talent doesn't override the content to me. Like in middle school if a kid drew a picture of Bugs Bunny fuckin Babs, I'd probably laugh with him. But in college, I'm not interested in that shit. Even if he's gotten significantly better at drawing. The amazing shadowing won't override the fact that it's a drawing of bugs fuckin babs.

And part of it is his age. Like the show Jackass. I thought that was HILARIOUS. I don't want to see those same guys doing that shit now. Bam's 40. I don't want too see him bust im the bathroom and start punching his dad while he's taking a shit.

so yeah, back to redman.Redman is heralded highly in a lot of people’s top whatever rappers list. Eminem even lists him as his number 1. When Redman gets mentioned or drops anything, nobody speaks about how his content never matured. He’s still the same Redman. That’s what people want. No one says shit. You can go in the thread for his ep right now.

No. That wasn’t my question at all. I didn’t say anything about relevance or ask why certain rappers aren’t discussed.

I believe it was you earlier who said something about Eminem and his music maturing. You even made up 2 lil metaphors.

so yeah, back to redman.Redman is heralded highly in a lot of people’s top whatever rappers list. Eminem even lists him as his number 1. When Redman gets mentioned or drops anything, nobody speaks about how his content never matured. He’s still the same Redman. That’s what people want. No one says shit. You can go in the thread for his ep right now.

While Red isn't what he was ,He's still is consistently a good rapper still.I'm gonna place some of the blame on Def Jam.

That machine just wasn't pushing Red.

They used to to put the house on ppl like Red with marketing and etc and then they kinda left them to their own devices.

While Red isn't what he was ,He still is consistently a good rapper still.I'm gonna place some of the blame on Def Jam.

That machine just wasn't pushing Red.

They used to to put the house on ppl like Red with marketing and etc and then they kinda left them to their own devices.

im not saying anything negative about Redman. I don’t want what I’m saying to get lost.

his last albums have been alright but the point I was trying to make is that them shits, content and quality wise, do not change peoples perceptions of Redman as a rapper. He’s still a top 10 or 20 rapper for a lot of people. Just like...Jadakiss.

take from that what you want lol

I think that what happened is that the some of the black fans who hopped on the Eminem train back in the day were more fans of the hype and promo and Em being a commercial success than the genre Eminem game from like the Canibus' and Ras Kasses and redman's and Monches.

For me I was already into that genre so even when Em wasn't the flavor of the month I still rocked with him to some degree when his shit was good.

DMX been growling since 97.

Jay Z been this all knowing rich ex drug dealer since 96.

Jeezy been selling bricks since 2004

Big Boi been a player since 1993-1994

Why is Em the only person who has to change their image?

Ppl like 1 dimensional artists as much as ppl think they don't.

Too much variation confuses the masses and makes shit a hard sale.

If you're known as the guy who puts guacamole on his forehead then you better have some Guacamole on your forehead,forever.

You're comparing him to people whose music was already appealing to grown folks though. Whether 25 or 45 it works, so they didn't have to make as drastic a change. Em's 47 singing a hook screaming I hate my stepdad. Jay made Smile. Neither is similar to my life, but I think Smile's waaaaay better.

And if you never listened to Red ,I can't take your opinion on Em that serious.

You're just not a fan of animated rappers overall.

Dude just said Red's last good album came out when I was 11. Slim Shady LP came out when I was 12. That's a really big factor. I said I liked Eminem back then. Had I been born 5-10 years earlier I may have been a Redman fan at a time. I dunno.

You're comparing him to people whose music was already appealing to grown folks though. Whether 25 or 45 it works, so they didn't have to make as drastic a change. Em's 47 singing a hook screaming I hate my stepdad. Jay made Smile. Neither is similar to my life, but I think Smile's waaaaay better.

Dude just said Red's last good album came out when I was 11. Slim Shady LP came out when I was 12. That's a really big factor. I said I liked Eminem back then. Had I been born 5-10 years earlier I may have been a Redman fan at a time. I dunno.

lol 12.

Yeah I'm not gonna do this

I was outside when Em dropped

Smh at you thinking anything above drinking cum out of a dude's ass is sophisticated rap.
I do think a dark take on women having pedo men around their kids is sophisticated when you can make a dark commentary on it,that still has musical catchiness too it w/out making a public service announcement song saying "child molestation is bad"

Back