Welcome To aBlackWeb

Eminem is not a musical legend.

Technically I think he is a legend. You can't tell the story of hip hop without mentioning Eminem, but yeah you're right, his music has aged horribly. No real replay value

I can definitely retell the story of hip hop without mentioning a white man from 8 mile. niggas discuss hip hop all the time now and his ass barely comes up

we just gonna disagree fam

8 mile didnt have that kinda impact you think it did
But it came out in 02, long before smack/url. A lot of people never knew battle rap existed. I remember MTV doing a whole special on 8 mile and the culture of battle rap, it was very impactful bruh

I can definitely retell the story of hip hop without mentioning a white man from 8 mile. niggas discuss hip hop all the time now and his ass barely comes up
You know what i meant. If it was a book or documentary and you're not gonna mention the highest selling rapper in hip hop history the story is incomplete

No Lupe? While I'm not much of a fan of that OVERLY complex shit he does sometimes his flow is still crazy.

regarding Eminem... ehhhhhhh he isn't a legend to ME... but I suppose I can see why some folks would say he is
Lyrically he is god teir, flow wise I would have to say no

If Eminem had been black and was spitting that shit they wouldn't give a damn
i disagree...

he's witty and funny....

and has a knack for dope punchlines.....

i won't say niggaz wouldn't give a damn, but i think he only would have been "meth and red" blackout status at the best....

meth and red music was largely them just geeking at that point with some lyrical shit sprinkled in....

that's how i always saw em...

being the best was always a reach....

the renegade verse imo is what had niggaz on that shit

Niggas highly overate him because hes a white rapper and they won't admit that shit

If Eminem had been black and was spitting that shit they wouldn't give a damn
I never met a non white/hispanic irl that overrate Em though

On that same note though hearing a white person say Em is the best rapper instantly tells me everything I need to know

Last edited:
i disagree...

he's witty and funny....

and has a knack for dope punchlines.....

i won't say niggaz wouldn't give a damn, but i think he only would have been "meth and red" blackout status at the best....

meth and red music was largely them just geeking at that point with some lyrical shit sprinkled in....

that's how i always saw em...

being the best was always a reach....

the renegade verse imo is what had niggaz on that shit

Thats what im saying

you don't really see people having Red & Meth in there top 5s like that because they're silly but Eminem is in a lot of mfs top 5

Thats what im saying

you don't really see people having Red & Meth in there top 5s like that because they're silly but Eminem is in a lot of mfs top 5
I think em is Redman light.

Red does everything em does better imo.

Only Redman wasn't as out there with the over the top silly shit. And the extra weirdo shit.

I mean Reggie definitely had his moments, but my point is I could never put em over red.

Red makes my top 10 depending on how I feel. I can see why niggaz rank em high... But he ain't better than red.

Back