View attachment 771619

Now yall know good and damn well they aint gonna touch on those two issues.

They not tryin to damage their precious Elvis Pressly legacy like that. Lol

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they touched on the music theft. After all, it wasn't really Elvis stealing the music. It was the record company, so they may bring it up and put it all on the manager and record company.

Honestly, Elvis gets way too much flack for that. He may not have even known what was happening. Stealing music from black artists and lesser known white artists was pretty fundamental to the music industry for a long time.

Reactions: ZMaKEa
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they touched on the music theft. After all, it wasn't really Elvis stealing the music. It was the record company, so they may bring it up and put it all on the manager and record company.

Honestly, Elvis gets way too much flack for that. He may not have even known what was happening. Stealing music from black artists and lesser known white artists was pretty fundamental to the music industry for a long time.
From the trailer looks like they’re going to make it as if he got his influences directly from black people. I’m not sure how historically accurate that is, just pointing it out.

From the trailer looks like they’re going to make it as if he got his influences directly from black people. I’m not sure how historically accurate that is, just pointing it out.

It's pretty accurate from what I read. He basically snuck out of his house every weekend when he was younger and hung out at the black bars on the other side of town, and before he got big he used to work as a roadie for people like black artists. When you hear some of the black artists of that day talk about him, they basically thought of him as the white kid that liked to hang around the talent.

It's sad Black folks in 2022 still think Elvis was a racist guy that went out of his way to steal Black music all because of one Chuck D bar, that isn't even factual.

People gotta understand the South back in then and how important Elvis was to breaking down racial segregation and barriers in media.

Black folks and White folks would live side by side in the South. Go to the same churches even and then have different radio stations.

So the young White folks would then tune into the Black radio station to listen to rocknroll and shit, not that pussy ass White washed shit.

But here comes Elvis, a young White dude that listened to rocknroll, that went to Black churches to listen to gospel music, that went to Black clubs.

He starts doing his thing and it's real rocknroll and the radio stations are like well what the fuck we gonna do, he sounds too Black to put on the White radio stations, but he's White, so we can't put him on the Black radio station and not the White one.

So he got put on both, then Black artists of that period got put on both.

Guys like Elvis and Frank Sinatra are important to the integration of Black musical acts into the overall American society, instead of being confined to the Black circuits.

Last edited: