Welcome To aBlackWeb

Elliot Page "Assaulted in LA"

Bruh you know I’m not treating that I’ve read this same conversation before you’ve stated it before. You don’t agree I don’t really expect anything is gonna sway me and I ain’t sway you.

The difference between me and you is that I welcome the discourse while you're on some ole

Man y’all can’t let people over 45 online discuss lbgqt issues. They are intent on not getting it.

type-bullshit.

The difference between me and you is that I welcome the discourse while you're on some ole

type-bullshit.

But having the same conversation 27 times in 5 years bro. That’s like trying to convince a redneck racism is real. Some stuff folks won’t see eye to eye.

You act as if ain't no LGBT folks over 45.

I "get" everything. I simply don't agree with quite a bit of it and for good reason (you know... science, psychology, etc). Shit, there's quite a bit of the LGB community that don't like the T and Q inclusion because even they don't agree with them (for that matter, initially the L and G communities really didn't like including bisexuals either and begrudgingly accepted them in the late 80's/early 90's).

I'm not the type that just accepts everything at face value. I don't just roll over because people are crewed up and yelling about their problems. Some shit "just ain't right" and that's really all there is to it. And there's people in those very communities being silenced because even they see the problems. I've posted numerous links to the subject matter about transfolks that have lost the feeling of being trans and try to restore their bodies to their natural state (some with less than stellar results); people like you don't want to hear that such a thing is possible and it's definitely being suppressed in the media. If the IC's archive search was working I could search on it, but I posted up there a quote and link to a lesbian professor at some college in, IIRC NYC that was basically under attack by the LGBT community for speaking out by saying that the dirty secret in the gay community is that something like 98% of them were sexually abused as kids. She's been silenced ever since.

I read shit from both sides of the fence as a journalist would (I've stated numerous times here and the old yard that I briefly took up journalism in college). As far as I'm concerned that the only way to be truly informed. In that way I "get it" because I've read about it from as many angles as I can find. I can tell you don't do this. You read what confirms your biases and your stances, refusing to even acknowledge anything to the contrary even existing.

98% is a huge number. Is there any way to really quantify something like that? There would be multiple factors to consider to even to try and measure something like that. That's just a bit ridiculous of an idea to push about any group of people.

98% is a huge number. Is there any way to really quantify something like that? There would be multiple factors to consider to even to try and measure something like that. That's just a bit ridiculous of an idea to push about any group of people.

She said it, not me. I've been really trying hard to remember her name 'cause she's one of those well known old guard-type lesbian activists and her name carries some amount of weight in that community. And, of course, the IC's search is broken so I can't search for the thread like I used to.

She said it, not me. I've been really trying hard to remember her name 'cause she's one of those well known old guard-type lesbian activists and her name carries some amount of weight in that community. And, of course, the IC's search is broken so I can't search for the thread like I used to.

I'm not saying she didn't say it or even that you believe it. That's just a very bold assumption to make on something that can't really be proven due to multiple factors. Those are the kinds of extreme statements that I can see making somebody tune a person out. When people talk like that are they really being silenced or is it people simply think the statement is absurd and don't give it any credence?

That's just a very bold assumption to make on something that can't really be proven due to multiple factors.
Those studies usually use data that is self-reported from members of the sexual minority. I don't think the study from last year specifically said sexual abuse, I think it used a term the encompassed sexual abuse and I think emotional abuse. The number was more like 80% but it was still 20 or so points higher than hetero people for at least 1 event. For multiple events, the difference was a little bit higher.

No sources hmmmmmmmmm
Alright bro, chill lol.

Important note though

No research has found that ACEs cause sexual minority identity; rather, it is hypothesized that perpetrators target socially vulnerable youth (eg, individuals with low income or a disability), including sexual minority individuals.

So them getting abused is common like other minorities. But no proof getting abused makes somebody gay. Y’all can get the fuck on sometimes man.

Alright bro, chill lol.

Important note though

So the note basically states that they're not saying the abuse is what determined the respondents sexuality but instead predators are more able to identify and target them due to certain social factors that make them vulnerable. I've seen that theory before regarding sexual abuse in general and it seems to be the one constant

But no proof getting abused makes somebody gay. Y’all can get the fuck on sometimes man.
I specifically pointed that out. Breath, big homie.

So the note basically states that they're not saying the abuse is what determined the respondents sexuality but instead predators are more able to identify and target them due to certain social factors that make them vulnerable. I've seen that theory before regarding sexual abuse in general and it seems to be the one constant
Yeah. That's probably the best (kind of gross to say in the context) explanation.

Nah this actually real. I've heard lesbians speaking ill of trans-women saying there's a push by them to label lesbians who won't engage with them as transphobic.
Yup.

If a lesbian don’t want to date a trans woman then they are transphobic. Just like if you’re a man and don’t want to date them you’re transphobic.

That’s their logic and i would never agree on that and that’s why I call folks on this board that don’t date them hypocrites at the highest level. Cant be on here arguing that they are real women and they not even on your dating radar in any capacity.

Back