Welcome To aBlackWeb

Elliot Page "Assaulted in LA"

You gonna get gay bashed

robin-hood.gif

Gays and transfolks have a habit of comparing their "struggle" with that of Black folks. It stands to reason that if one is gonna make that comparison, then one had better be ready to act on it as if it were even remotely comparable

So... Hands should have been thrown on GP. You don't wait until a year later and talk about the shit in an interview during gay month.

Context matters, that's all I'm saying. We can all talk a good game about what we'd do, acting out the whole imaginary tough guy "what if" scenes in the shower and what not, but some really aren't built for it even if they value their pride highly. Some recognize there are other means of getting justice if fear gets the better of them. That's simply being realistic.

I'd imagine a dude on the shorter side of 5 feet tall, 130lbs soaking wet will have some apprehensions going toe to toe with someone much bigger. Their heart might wanna ball their fist up but their brain's like "gtfo of here".

And we have to give Page the leeway that he was a woman just a few years ago and most women aren't going about duking it out with men. That's not some shit to just sweep under the rug. He's in a peculiar position as a transman.

Ultimately, the desire to be a man doesn't rest on being down to get physical and tough as nails. Those traits aren't the be all end all mark of a man. It's but one of many masculine traits. And it's one that in this relatively peaceful day and age isn't applicable for getting ahead in life. Brawn vs brains.

Context matters, that's all I'm saying. We can all talk a good game about what we'd do, acting out the whole imaginary tough guy "what if" scenes in the shower and what not, but some really aren't built for it even if they value their pride highly. Some recognize there are other means of getting justice if fear gets the better of them. That's simply being realistic.

I'd imagine a dude on the shorter side of 5 feet tall, 130lbs soaking wet will have some apprehensions going toe to toe with someone much bigger. Their heart might wanna ball their fist up but their brain's like "gtfo of here".

And we have to give Page the leeway that he was a woman just a few years ago and most women aren't going about duking it out with men. That's not some shit to just sweep under the rug. He's in a peculiar position as a transman.

Ultimately, the desire to be a man doesn't rest on being down to get physical and tough as nails. Those traits aren't the be all end all mark of a man. It's but one of many masculine traits. And it's one that in this relatively peaceful day and age isn't applicable for getting ahead in life. Brawn vs brains.

I think there's enough videos out there showing what happens when you call a Black man or woman "nigger" that we can reasonably assume there's a high probability of violence behind such an utterance regardless of where you are.

We don't have to give anyone anything. If someone decides they "feel like" they're a man, then you should know what all comes with that, accept it, and live by it otherwise go get some fuckin' help, explore where those feeling come from, and have whomever help you work it out of your system.

The day isn't relatively peaceful. Not by a long shot. There's tons of violent shit going down across the globe. These days we need brains just as much as brawn because of how complex the nature of conflict in this world has become.

I think there's enough videos out there showing what happens when you call a Black man or woman "nigger" that we can reasonably assume there's a high probability of violence behind such an utterance regardless of where you are.

We don't have to give anyone anything. If someone decides they "feel like" they're a man, then you should know what all comes with that, accept it, and live by it otherwise go get some fuckin' help, explore where those feeling come from, and have whomever help you work it out of your system.

The day isn't relatively peaceful. Not by a long shot. There's tons of violent shit going down across the globe. These days we need brains just as much as brawn because of how complex the nature of conflict in this world has become.

Well yeah personally that's a situation where I couldn't swallow my pride. There's certain kinds of disrespect that go beyond a line of no return. Getting physically beaten is usually a temporary pain, having your dignity and pride shattered from inaction isn't. But drawing that parallel is a smokescreen.

The main point was Page formerly being a woman. We can reasonably expect that just because he got cosmetic surgery and hormone replacement he's not going to become uber masculine in a span of a few years. He'll still react to a situation of abuse the way most women would. Changing his appearance doesn't mask over two decades of female upbringing.

And even if he is aware of what being a man comes with, that doesn't mean he has to live by the tenets of what you personally consider to be the most desirable expression of masculinity. Especially today, when these ideas are being questioned and broken down. Not every man has to accept that it's their fate to fight when there are alternative means to achieving an end. There will always be hard ass dudes, always be softies and always be the grey area inbetween. Masculinity isn't set in stone and isn't defined by willingness to throw hands.

Nah bro it's generally WAY more peaceful. And it has been in the western world since the end of WW2. Everything's become easier, more efficient, more safe, more clean, etc. We aren't living in the days of lords and serfs, swords and shields and pre modern medicine. It's nowhere near as precarious.

Whiteboy run up on me talmbout "fuck you nigger" is gonna see my hands, legs, and feet and I ain't gonna wait until the next Black History Month to speak on it.

"Yeah, just stomped a mudhole in this honkey's chest a few minutes ago for callin' me a 'nigger'".

I gives no fucks about her "social conditioning" as a woman. You wanna be a man??? Then man the fuck up like the rest of us had to and do what you gotta do.

The bold contradicts the 1st sentence. The reason why your reaction is to get violent is...social conditioning. You weren't just born knowing that. Life and experience informed that reaction.

With that said it's hilarious that Elliot Page transitioned and now start running their mouth about people they've fucked and all sorts of other shit. Just telling everybody business.

Welp. Hopefully that brother keeps that thang on em.

The bold contradicts the 1st sentence. The reason why your reaction is to get violent is...social conditioning. You weren't just born knowing that. Life and experience informed that reaction.

With that said it's hilarious that Elliot Page transitioned and now start running their mouth about people they've fucked and all sorts of other shit. Just telling everybody business.

Actually, behavioral studies have shown quite the opposite.

I watched a documentary on either PBS or TLC about it sometime in the 90's. The took toddler boys and girls and separated them with a barrier from their mother. The girls would literally sit and cry until the mother came to get them. The boys, on the other hand, aggressively tried to get to their mother, working to figure out what the barrier was and how to either move it or get around it.

It's the testosterone flowing through us that makes up this way. That's in our biology and cannot be changed. It's why men that overload their bodies with test get "'Roid Rage". That's not conditioning, it's in our very nature for us to be the more aggressive sex.

Actually, behavioral studies have shown quite the opposite.

I watched a documentary on either PBS or TLC about it sometime in the 90's. The took toddler boys and girls and separated them with a barrier from their mother. The girls would literally sit and cry until the mother came to get them. The boys, on the other hand, aggressively tried to get to their mother, working to figure out what the barrier was and how to either move it or get around it.

It's the testosterone flowing through us that makes up this way. That's in our biology and cannot be changed. It's why men that overload their bodies with test get "'Roid Rage". That's not conditioning, it's in our very nature for us to be the more aggressive sex.

Aggressive doesn't automatically equal reacting violently. And nature can be overridden by nurture and social conditioning as has also been proven. We override alot of our human nature every single day just existing. Society wouldn't be able to function if we didn't.

Gays and transfolks have a habit of comparing their "struggle" with that of Black folks. It stands to reason that if one is gonna make that comparison, then one had better be ready to act on it as if it were even remotely comparable

So... Hands should have been thrown on GP. You don't wait until a year later and talk about the shit in an interview during gay month.

Or shoot the guy

Bruh so they didn’t fight the person now what?

Man y’all can’t let people over 45 online discuss lbgqt issues. They are intent on not getting it.

You act as if ain't no LGBT folks over 45.

I "get" everything. I simply don't agree with quite a bit of it and for good reason (you know... science, psychology, etc). Shit, there's quite a bit of the LGB community that don't like the T and Q inclusion because even they don't agree with them (for that matter, initially the L and G communities really didn't like including bisexuals either and begrudgingly accepted them in the late 80's/early 90's).

I'm not the type that just accepts everything at face value. I don't just roll over because people are crewed up and yelling about their problems. Some shit "just ain't right" and that's really all there is to it. And there's people in those very communities being silenced because even they see the problems. I've posted numerous links to the subject matter about transfolks that have lost the feeling of being trans and try to restore their bodies to their natural state (some with less than stellar results); people like you don't want to hear that such a thing is possible and it's definitely being suppressed in the media. If the IC's archive search was working I could search on it, but I posted up there a quote and link to a lesbian professor at some college in, IIRC NYC that was basically under attack by the LGBT community for speaking out by saying that the dirty secret in the gay community is that something like 98% of them were sexually abused as kids. She's been silenced ever since.

I read shit from both sides of the fence as a journalist would (I've stated numerous times here and the old yard that I briefly took up journalism in college). As far as I'm concerned that the only way to be truly informed. In that way I "get it" because I've read about it from as many angles as I can find. I can tell you don't do this. You read what confirms your biases and your stances, refusing to even acknowledge anything to the contrary even existing.

I "get" everything. I simply don't agree with quite a bit of it and for good reason (you know... science, psychology, etc). Shit, there's quite a bit of the LGB community that don't like the T and Q inclusion because even they don't agree with them (for that matter, initially the L and G communities really didn't like including bisexuals either and begrudgingly accepted them in the late 80's/early 90's).

I'm not the type that just accepts everything at face value. I don't just roll over because people are crewed up and yelling about their problems. Some shit "just ain't right" and that's really all there is to it. And there's people in those very communities being silenced because even they see the problems. I've posted numerous links to the subject matter about transfolks that have lost the feeling of being trans and try to restore their bodies to their natural state (some with less than stellar results); people like you don't want to hear that such a thing is possible and it's definitely being suppressed in the media. If the IC's archive search was working I could search on it, but I posted up there a quote and link to a lesbian professor at some college in, IIRC NYC that was basically under attack by the LGBT community for speaking out by saying that the dirty secret in the gay community is that something like 98% of them were sexually abused as kids. She's been silenced ever since.

I read shit from both sides of the fence as a journalist would (I've stated numerous times here and the old yard that I briefly took up journalism in college). As far as I'm concerned that the only way to be truly informed. In that way I "get it" because I've read about it from as many angles as I can find. I can tell you don't do this. You read what confirms your biases and your stances, refusing to even acknowledge anything to the contrary even existing.

Bruh you know I’m not treating that I’ve read this same conversation before you’ve stated it before. You don’t agree I don’t really expect anything is gonna sway me and I ain’t sway you.

The thing is I know it’s people who don’t agree with lbgqt. I don’t know how you agree or disagree with who somebody sleeps with when they are adults. I’m ok with kids seeing gay couples and transgender people. To me I have not seen any article saying lbgqt folks existing harms society. Haven’t seen anybody I know lose their job because they got genders confused. No kids around here are getting sex changes either. Everywhere is not super liberal Cali. So yes I’m in every thread when y’all talk bad about gays I’m say something.

What side do you want me to see that I’m not seeing.

The thing is I know it’s people who don’t agree with lbgqt. I don’t know how you agree or disagree with who somebody sleeps with when they are adults. I’m ok with kids seeing gay couples and transgender people. To me I have not seen any article saying lbgqt folks existing harms society. Haven’t seen anybody I know lose their job because they got genders confused. No kids around here are getting sex changes either. Everywhere is not super liberal Cali. So yes I’m in every thread when y’all talk bad about gays I’m say something.

What side do you want me to see that I’m not seeing.

Both sides. That's all.

Last edited:
Back