East Coast Vs West Coast Hood movies

• East Coast

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No Straight Outta Compton?

Anybody seen them movies B-Legit made? "Plug Love" and I think there's another one.

What hood comedy does the east coast have to fuck with Friday?
This little unknown movie called Coming To America

aha_coming_to_america.gif

Is that really a hood movie tho? lol That's why i said yall should just call it black movies

I dont even fuck with those terms. i agree but for the sake of the thread.. iknew what he meant but "hood" was never a designation i vibed with also comedies should be an entired different thread because its an entirely different vibe

lol i didn't make the thread, I'm just going off the O.P

Gang culture has always given the west a slight edge imo....not to take anything away from their talent, style, etc but even they know and will tell you that everyone is fascinated with that shit...everywhere

all the movies listed are greats but talking about HOOD movies?......one of the westerns automatically comes to mind.....shit like Boyz and Menace are almost the prototype

listen I don't like the term hood/urban movies either. But it is what it is.

If I had said black movies people would throw in rudy ray moore movies from the 70's and thread would be all over the place.

But if I say hood movies y'all know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't front lol

East not represented properly. No hustle & flow, no harlem nights, no in too deep, paper soldiers, state property, straight out of brooklyn, blue hill avenue, fresh, he got game, how high, where four brothers at?

Foh bout west coast.

The State property movies bring this back to the East

"What hand you roll with?"

Then you got belly
" I don't know no fucking Kianna"

Back