Do the right thing
Dead Presidents
Belly
Crooklyn
paper soldiers
Fresh

Last edited:
I'm an east coast nigga, but west coast got this easily

I hate the term hood films anyway those comedies shouldnt be in there in hindsight Belly was trash aside from the intro which was fucking phenomenal baby boy was garbage..never had the desire to watch paid and full there was a certain quality each of the other films possessed films that came after them were exploitative/caricatures

if we must compare its gotta be east coast hands down like homie said no other movie even compares to Do The Right Thing

not sure American Gangster is in the same genre since we talkin "hood films" as well as training day

Westcoast movies were just better to me.

Menace to Society and Boyz n Da Hood open our eyes to gang culture. Before then never reslre knew or care too much about westcoast gamg life. Where I'm feom you had "families". Wasn't no colors or any of that shit. You either on a side of the town/city and you stayed there

East Coast

And that includes ones not mentioned like Straight Out Of Brooklyn, Fresh, and He Got Game.

Plus if we're including comedies then the best one of all time was also east coast....

51A3RXJ2QRL.jpg

Last edited:
East Coast

And that includes one not mentioned like Straight Out Of Brooklyn, Fresh, and He Got Game.

Plus if we're including comedies then the best one of all time was also east coast....

51A3RXJ2QRL.jpg

yea but west coast still reigns supreme in black comedy movies

Friday series
rush hour
CB4
Dont be a menace
house party series
3 strikes
money talks
blue streak
Dope

Last edited:
uhh niggas get shot everyday " is a cute punchline quotable but really.. "entertaining" but it was trash it was a mockery at that point

"im broke baby"
the entire heartfelt scene with mekhi after his brother gets kidnapped

cam'ron had a lot of quotables and every scene was memorable. People are still quoting the movie and naming themselves after the characters to this day.

nobody talking about radio raheem or rozie perez bruh.

And baby boy was just a saturday/sunday morning movie. Nothing special, but not trash

Back